Werewolves (狼男, Ōkami Otoko; also translated as "Wolf Man") are creatures notable for their signature ability to transform into large, wolf-like creatures.
Werewolf physically carry both Human and wolf-like characteristics, although their "true" form resides in their wolf-like form with their souls shaped with the characteristics of a wolf. In the anime, the soul of a Werewolf individual seems to be green in color, possessing both Human traits and Werewolf traits that can be sensed by a user of Soul Perception.
Werewolves possess common abilities such as:
- Transformation (変身, Henshin): A basic ability for werewolves is the ability to transform from both their human form and their true, wolf-like form at will.
- Immortality (不死, Fushi): Werewolves are immortal, capable of healing from even the most extreme of wounds.
- Werewolf Physiology: All Werewolves possess wolf-like abilities: enhanced sense of smell, claws, and greater physical prowess than that of a human. Additionally, they are able to siphon special abilities by searing body parts (such as an eye) into their own body via unknown means.
- Magic (魔法, Mahō) Werewolves that has manage to seer a body part of a witch into their own (such as Free and the demon eye taken from Maba) can perform the variant of magic used by witches.
- Fighting Wolf Fist (闘狼拳, Tōrōken): An offensive and aggressive fighting style that takes advantage of a Werewolf's immortality. The style's stance is uniquely characterized in which that the werewolf user also attacks with the tip of the fingers.
- Wind Wolf Fist (風狼拳, Kaze ōkami Ken): .
List of known WerewolvesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 10
- ↑ Soul Eater Anime: Episode 13.
- ↑ Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 11