|Synopsis • Cover Characters|
The remedial assignment continues as Soul and Maka confront Dr. Franken Stein, the man behind Sid-sensei's unfortunate transformation and the strongest meister ever to graduate from Death Weapon Meister Academy. Even without a weapon, his massive soul dwarfs them all- even big shot Black☆Star! Can Maka rally her strength to face Stein in battle, or will despair be her downfall?
The jet-black SOUL, Walk with me
- The English-language United States eBook and physical version includes colorized artwork:
- Death introduces Franken Stein.
- Artwork of meister Maka Albarn with a book, scythe Soul Eater with his blade, "dad" Spirit Albarn (listed as "Death Scythe"), cat Blair, shadow weapon Tsubaki Nakatsukasa, assassin Black☆Star, shinigami Death the Kid, and the guns Liz and Patty Thompson.
- Maka, Kid, and Black Star above the table of contents.
- Crona attacking Soul in Chapter 5.
- The cover to Chapter 5.
- Additional artwork at the end of the volume features Black Star pushing Maka and Soul out of the way to hold up his index finger.