|Lines of Sanzu|
ザ ライン オブ サンズ
Za Rain obu Sanzu
The Lines of Sanzu are a special trait in which on Shinigami has been seen having. Represent by 3 Lines surround the head, it is the key of where a Shinigami manifests it's power. It is worth noting that Mosquito describes them as physical characteristics of shinigami which, apparently, are dependent on age. Though we have yet to see an adult shinigami (in human form, that is), we can conclude from the vampire's comments that they possess three complete lines as opposed to the half lines of the child shinigami Kid.
The Lines of Sanzu seem to be directly linked to the Shinigami's own natural special abilities, as he was able to access some of his father's abilities after connecting one line. There also appears to be some direct connection to Shinigami himself, as he displays visible signs of pain after the first connection occurred. Spirit's response at this point suggests that the connection of the lines - while technically beneficial to Kid - does not bode well for Shinigami. Shinigami however, sees the lines advancment as progress for his son. Kid immediately concludes that his father gave him Brew because of the power of the Lines of Sanzu, and resolves to meet (what he sees as) his father's expectations. Curiously, he shows no prior knowledge of the Lines' significance, while reacting very quickly to the changes they temporarily brought about.
Later when Death the Kid connect all 3 Lines of Sanzu, Shinigami was killed in the process, crubling into dust and was "absorb" by Kid, according to Excalibur.. He also learn the true power of a Shinigami, which was the "Madness Of Order"
- The Sanzu River is known as the River of Three Crossings and is the way to the afterlife. It is the Japanese equivalent of the River Styx.
- In the Anime, all three Lines of Sanzu are connected by Kid, which turn Liz and Patty's Death Cannon forms into enormous, golden cannons. The attack from a single shot from this cannon had the ability to destroy Asura's monstrous form.
- It's possible that, since Kid was born from a fragment of Shinigami's soul, this means they both share one 'pool' of power.
- When connected, his Lines of Sanzu bears the resemblace of a halo, emphasing an idea of an "Angel of Death".
- In both endings of the anime and manga, when activates all three Lines of Sanzu, it leaves multiple cracks in Shinigami's mask when Kid battles Asura.
- However in the anime, Death doesn't die after Kid activates all three Lines of Sanzu.
- ↑ Soul Eater Manga Chapter 113