Previous | Current
- Demon Scythe (魔鎌, Magama): As a Demon Weapon, Soul has the ability to fully transform into a ordinary Scythe in which known as the "Demon Scythe". He later would become a Death Scythe after consuming Arachne Gorgon's Witch soul, granting him the qualifications of being wielded by Death himself in addition to gaining new, magical-like abilities. As a Death Scythe, Soul possesses one of the fundamental abilities of being a Death Scythe, Shape-Shifting, in which allows him change the size and shape of his blade. Due to being a Death Scythe, Soul is also on another level in terms of Weapon abilities and as such, normal Demon Weapons like the Demon Lamp are unable to touch Soul's blade without resulting in injury itself.
Former black blood-related abilities
- Black Blood (黒血, Kokketsu): After being critically injured by Crona and Ragnarok, Black Blood from the latter got into his bloodstream and mixed with his normal blood. He can use the Black Blood to power his Meister by raising the resonate rate, create protective armor in the form of a dress for Maka, and increase the rate of the healing of a Meister as well as harmonize with Madness. Soul later lost his powers with the Black Blood while on the Moon during the fight with Asura in which Blood was drained by Crona.
- Black Room (ブラックルーム, Burakku Rumu): The Black Room is a spiritual place within Soul's own mind in which allows him to play Soul's Piano, allowing him to control the Black Blood and imbued mutiple Meisters with power from the Black Blood and allows for Chain Resonance via sound. The Black Room was destroyed during the fight on the Moon with the Kishin.
- Soul's Piano: The Piano in Soul's room is the medium in which he uses to perform his abilities in the Black Room. This is also destroyed when the Black Blood was extracted from Soul.
- Wings: While in a Soul Resonance with Maka Albarn due to her being a Grigori, his advance weapon requirements allows him to manifest wings and enable flight for his Meister.
- Keyboard:After becoming a Death Scythe, Soul can turn his scythe arm into a Keyboard. Formerly, he was able to use it offensively with his Sound abilities. He could also use it to play like that of a normal instrument.
- Sound (音, Oto) (Death Scythe): Perhaps due to his weapon abilities, Soul has the ability to offensively manipulate sound. He can not only propagate Madness using sound but also use it offensively against his opponents, using an attack in which uses the impact of sound waves as attacks after sends physical creations of notes in which contain madness and create sound pressure is enough to produce significant shock waves, which contain sufficient concussive force that they can even damage concrete. Because of these sound-related powers, Franken Stein stated that he can give Maka Albarn a boost in her Soul Perception abilities through Soul Resonance.
- Autonomous Combatant: Soul possesses some skill in fighting alone with his weapon capabilities, having battled Death the Kid alongside Black☆Star despite being out-matched by the Death God himself. While battling the likes of Free, he was able to move fast enough to sneak up on the Werewolf and deal a fatal blow when he let his guard down, although his effort was for naught due to the latter's Immortality.
While a formidable Demon Weapon, Soul himself isn't gifted in fighting alone and as such, heavily relies on Maka Albarn to do more of the physical portion of their battles. During his battle with Death the Kid with Black☆Star's aid, Kid himself criticized his abilities on his own, citing that he's rather slow and his techniques aren't sharp.
Soul is, apparently, aware of this limitation of his and has shown to be somewhat envious towards other, competent autonomous weapons such as the likes of Justin Law and Giriko, wondering how come he's unable to be as skilled as them despite being Demon Weapon like them. He even question how Meisters are so physically able in questions to Demon Weapons. Despite even becoming a Death Scythe, Giriko berated Soul for thinking being a Death Scythe meant gaining enough power to fight on his own and stated he's not like Justin and him and he should know his limits.
- Main article: Maka Albarn/Abilities#Equipment
- ↑ Soul Eater Manga: Prologue 1
- ↑ Soul Eater Volume 1; Prologue 1, page 12
- ↑ Soul Eater Volume 15; Chapter 62, page 184
- ↑ Soul Eater Volume 16; Chapter 63, page 9
- ↑ (Yen Press) Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 63 - Soul:Shape-Shifting is one of the fundamentals of being a Death Scythe. He probably just decided that a long blade would get in the way of flying.
- ↑ Soul Eater Volume 20; Chapter 84, page 78-79
- ↑ (Yen Press)Soul Eater Volume 3; Chapter 6 - Medusa:Some of Ragnarok's Black Blood got mixed with Soul Eater's blood.
- ↑ Soul Eater Volume 4; Chapter 11, page 71
- ↑ Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 59
- ↑ Soul Eater Volume 25; Chapter 111, page 114
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 Soul Eater Volume 25; Chapter 112, page 185-188
- ↑ Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 36
- ↑ Soul Eater Volume 18; Chapter 76, page 145
- ↑ Soul Eater Volume 16; Chapter 63, page 14
- ↑ Soul Eater Volume 20; Chapter 84, page 86
- ↑ Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 113
- ↑ Soul Eater Volume 20; Chapter 84, page 84-90
- ↑ Soul Eater Volume 20; Chapter 84, page 89
- ↑ Soul Eater Anime: episode 6
- ↑ Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 3
- ↑ Soul Eater Volume 4; Chapter 10; page 37 (35) (eBook)
- ↑ Soul Eater Volume 2; Chapter 3, page 87
- ↑ Soul Eater Volume 7; Chapter 26, page 137
- ↑ Soul Eater Chapter Volume 5; Chapter 15, page 43
- ↑ Soul Eater Volume 18; Chapter 75, page 117-118