|This article is a stub. You can help the Soul Eater Wiki by , or perhaps you could contribute to discussion on the topic.|
Soul Eater Guidebook: How to Make a Death Scythe is a guidebook written by Atsushi Ōkubo and provides information about the characters and lore within Soul Eater. The book also features comments from and interviews with Ōkubo. The guidebook was published in 2008 by Square Enix.
The Guidebook features alternate spellings for many characters' names:
- Patty — Patti
- Harvar D. Éclair — Harver De Eclair
- Kilik Rung — Kirikou Rung
- Sid Barrett — Sid Barrett
- Mira Naigus — Mirra Neigus
- Joe Buttataki — Beater Joe
- Eruka Frog — Eruca Frog
- Giriko - Giricco
- Asura — Ashura
- The Clown — Pierrot
- In one published interview, Ōkubo reveals that he had no plans in developing the main character's relationships beyond being platonic.
- Ōkubo also stated that he did not plan to develop the relationship between Marie Mjolnir and Franken Stein, despite their previous romance. (Ōkubo did, however, later contradict this claim when Chapter 113 confirmed that Marie and Stein were expecting a child.)
- Excalibur is referred to as a Mystical Sword.