Soul Eater: Battle Resonance (ソウルイーター バトルレゾナンス, Sōru Ītā Batoru Rezonansu) is a fighting game developed by Bec and published by Namco Bandai Games on the Playstation 2 and Playstation Portable. It was released on January 29, 2009 in Japan.
The player competes in one on one matches against computer-controlled opponents within a stage, time limit, and a number of rounds that can be changed during the selection of characters.
During the gameplay, there's a power gauge in which charges overtime as you fight your opponent. Occasionally for those who possess Demon Weapons, pressing the prompted on-screen button will increase the power gauge After gaining enough power, you may perform a soul resonance. This enables your character to perform super moves. When the gauge is full and you perform a resonance while close to the opponent, you will initiate the ultimate attack.
- Adventure Mode: In this mode, the player will undergo doing several missions with specific tasks and have a time limit to complete the task. This may range from simply defeating the opponent to doing certain moves.
- Versus Mode: In this mode, you're able to connect online with other real players and battle them.
- Team Battle: In this mode, you may create a team of characters and fight against another computer-controlled team.
- Arcade Mode: In this mode, the player must successfully defeat the opponent to get to the next stage. After beating a certain number of opponents, Medusa is the last opponent. One beating her, the player completes arcade mode.
- Patchwork lab
- Death Weapon Meister Academy (Day & Night)
- Death City Street Square
- DWMA Underground
- Hook Cemetery
- Demon Castle Cinder
- Needle Village
- London Bridge
- Santa Mario Novella Basilica
- The Eternal Cave
- The game follows the anime storyline and spans from the Remedial Lessons Arc to the A Fight to the Death at the Anniversary Celebration Arc.