| He hasn't reached his full strength yet. But I don't have my deathscythe.
There's something missing here. This section of the article is incomplete & requires more information before it can be considered complete.
"I don't know what you gave her, but that meager attempt cannot overcome my brainwashing! Such shallow bonds! "Partners"? "Friends"? They're only tools to fill the emptiness within your hearts. "Souls"? "Resonance"? Dont make me laugh! This town is filled with hideous hypocrisy."
Shaula Gorgon (シャウラ ゴルゴン, Shaura Gorugon) is the main antagonist of the spin-off series, Soul Eater NOT! . Being a witch, Shaula studied and threatened the Shibusen and eventually took control of Death City through her trademark venom. Just like her sister Medusa, she as well as hid under the academy's nose and plotting from afar.
Shaula, like her older sibling Medusa, shares an interest in experimental research, driven by the singular interest in destroying the organization known as Shibusen[sourcing needed]. It is since she seemed to have developed into a strong sense of ambition but at the cost of her becoming both boastful and conceited. Rather like Medusa, she remains composed even while being dismissive of her previous experiments, especially of those whom are not deemed useful any longer. She seems to be using these Traitors as prototypes to further the creation of a being capable of defeating the students of Shibusen, an objective which is strangely similar to those of her relations. She also seems to share Arachne's fondness of lavish and high-quality things, demonstrated by the various furnishings that adorn her initial office.
Shaula is a sinister individual, having immense hatred against those align with Shibusen. She holds no remorse in manipulating others with mind control to her own means and even seems to enjoy doing so. Rarely, has she been seen losing her composure much like her sisters. She's not above taking advantage of others much like her sisters. She's seems to have no regard for taking any sort of human life & takes joy in taking it. She finds the concept of friendship and compassion meaningless, looking at it as humans trying to fill a void in their heart. She even finds the concept of a Soul Resonance foolish and hypocrisy from Shibusen.
She's somewhat flirtatious, as seen when she lifted Meme's skirt when possessing her as she spoke to Sid Barrett. She also has some sort of sense of humor, telling Akane with Meme's body to show her "some of his killer moves". She even refered to Sid as "Sid-sensei", which would be unusual for a witch to refer to a teacher as such when she would also call him by his name.
However, unlike any of her sisters, she is motivated by what seems to be more of a personal reason. Though it is still unclear, she has mention several times that she is "lonely" due to the actions of Shibusen. This may come from the fact that Witches are generally hunted by potential deathscythes for their souls & live with the constant danger that their lives may end for an individual to become a Deathscythe. She also mentions when her plans seem to work that she'll enjoy "being able to hunt for once".
Shaula, unlike her sisters, demonstrates all the qualities of a typical teenage girl rather than those of a mature woman, leading to the assertion that she is the youngest amongst her two siblings. Her pale and unblemished complexion serves to accentuate her slender facial features, which are characterized by the unusual iris displayed by both of her eyes, a trait seemingly shared by all the members of her immediate family. Alluding to her scorpion theme, this distinctive feature takes the shape of two interlocking scorpion stingers, which together form one complete circle located at the center of each eye(which also looks like the yin yang to some viewers). Continuing with this motif, her floral patterned or headscarf covered hair is arranged into a long loose plait that ends in the shape of a scorpion's stinger, through the use of an appropriately tied bow, an aspect that is further mirrored by an ornamental earring dangling from her right ear.
Befitting her age, Shaula's typical attire consists of a long-sleeved sailor outfit that has been adopted by many Japanese schools as their standard uniform. However, unlike most variations, hers displays the symbol of the star sign "Scorpio" (♏) as a small emblem, located on the visible portion of her vest beneath her sailor collar. This collar has two stripes running across it, one that goes along its entirety and another that terminates partway across the front.
Magic and Abilities
Scorpion Magic: Much like her sisters, she is very competent in the use of Magic. She is extremely proficient in the use of mind control and curses. She also has shown the ability to make a special stimulant in which makes those under her control with hypnotic suggestions. In addition, those under her control seems to exhibit physical combat prowess. She is potent in cursing objects such as rings to put her victims under Mind Control. She's able to use such abilities without going out of Soul Protect.Out of her Soul Protect, her magic enables her to enhance those under her control from the stimulant. She is also able to conjure magic symbols and fire stringer-shaped energy and magical push her oppoents.
- Magic Stinger Shooter :Shaula has the ability to create many Scorpion-themed magic seals appear and shoot out blackish red magic energy.
- Stimulant Power Boost :After injecting her stimulant and gaining control of her vitims, she is able to boost their physical abilities with her magic.
- Magic Push :Shaula is able to conjure a pink-hue magic seal and uses it to push her opponents.
- Scorpion Scissors: With her hands in an "X" formation, Shaula creates 2 magical scorpion-tail and is able to presumably cut, though when used, it was to blow away her enemies. This attack is only present in the manga.
- Scorpion Sting Storm: An offensive technique in which Shaula stabs her hair into the ground and creates a magical circle, creating various large scorpion stings to appear from the ground.
Common Witch Magic: Shaula is skilled in the usage of witch magic in which is quite common among the witches.
- Soul Protect: Shaula is one of the individuals in Soul Eater who're able to perform the spell that neutralize her soul's wavelength, effectively camouflaging it and making it appear as if it were a normal human soul.
Unorthodox Armed Combat :Shaula is a highly skilled combatant. More so then most witches present in the series. Often employing the use of her hair as a weapon along with her skill in acrobatics and blocks. Shaula sports an unorthodox but effective fighting style. In the anime, She's been seen able to easily defeat Shiubsen's agents. Both Anya and Meme individually while holding Tsugumi in her halberd form were unable to damage Shaula, as she used her hair and dodged their attacks towards her with ease. In the manga, She manages to hold her own with not only the Trio but Akane☆Hoshi with the addition of him holding his weapon despite being outnumbered and nullified most of their attacks with blocks and dodges.
- Archery:Shaula on one occasion was shown to employ the use of a Bow and Arrow on Sid Barett in the anime.
Martial Way: In the anime, It was later revealed that Shaula's mind control capabilities could enable her to possess another's body. When she took control of Meme's own body, she was a capable combatant with Meme, using her great strength. While it was generally believed that Meme's Sleeping Fist was the underlying result of her quirkiness, it was actually Shaula's skill in utilizing the Drunken Fist style while she was asleep.
Intellect: It can be assumed that due to her nature of creating "prototypes" and her love for experimentation like Medusa, she's a highly intelligent individual. She is a capable tactician & strategist, able to discover Shibusen's attempts to capture her, outsmarting Sid's forces by using Meme's friends and even caused the death the Sid as a result. She's also was able to even hide in Death City with the use of Soul Protect, despite the fact she would stand out due to her appearance. She was also able to launch an attack on Death City effectively, giving the organization difficulty in tracking her down. She's also noted for the creation of her venom, in which not only makes the subject under her complete control, but grants them immense physical prowess.
- Chemistry Expertise:She's also possess much proficiency in what seems to be chemistry due to the fact she uses various poisons to infect and control her enemies. Even Franken Stein couldn't develop an antidote to it.
Athletic Conditioning: Shaula herself has shown excellent condition. She has been fast enough to dodge attacks from multiple opponents. In the anime, she was able to dodge attacks from both Meme and Anya wielding. Shaula has also been seen jumping at superhuman heights and landing gracefully. In the manga, she's been able to dodge attacks from Meme and Anya weilding Tsugumi as well as Akane☆Hoshi wielding Clay Sizemore. Shaula is strong enough to endure blunt attacks from Meme Tatane, who possess extraordinary strength. She is also able to dodge attacks frm Anya and even Akane's Soul Menace technique.
Craftmanship: She also seems to be great at craftsmanship. She was able to make jewelry and use such objects to curse others.. In addition to that, she seems very skilled in making specific scorpion-themed weaponry for the Traitors put under her mind control.
- Shaula Gorgon's Venom: A poison that contaminates the bloodstream by injecting a special, undisclosed poison that fastly causes one faint, reawakening to be under the order of it's creator, Shaula Gorgon.
- Venomous Spines: In the manga, Shaula is able to use a chain-like weapon with a scorpion tail as a weapon to infect those with her venom.
- Shaula's Hair: Shaula utilizes her hair as her weapon in a way similar to that of a stinger. It is powerful enough to even clash and block Demon Weapons.
- Bow and Arrow: In the anime, Shaula has used a Bow and Arrow on one occasion.
Despite being a powerful and able fighter, Shaula does suffers from some weaknesses. As a witch, she is susceptible to the Great Traditional Techniques of the Scythe-Meister due to the fact she performs magic. She is also susceptible to carriers of the Anti-Demon Wavelength.
As seen in the anime during her fight with the trio, she is prone to underestimating her opponents who she deems much less powerful then her. While she was able to outsmart the likes of Sid Barett and even succeed in ending his life, she underestimated the trio's ability in which sealed her demise.
How To! 2
Seated within the confines of a spacious office, Shaula awaits the arrival of one of her subordinates, after the Traitor's previous brief engagement with Anya Hepburn. Noting the desired individual's return, she asserts that the collected data from her various experiments is gradually reaching fruition, before dismissing those before her as mere prototypes. Upon word from another assistant that preparations have been completed, Shaula proudly declares that she will now prove her superiority to the other Gorgon Sisters.
Sometime later, Shibusen suspects her and begins their search for her. She is later seen at a public market place with a disguise on with the notion of selling scorpoin-themed jewelry. She tricks Eternal Feather into wearing one of her cursed scorpion rings which gives Shaula mental control over her.  She commanded Eternal Feather to attack the crowd. It was then Maka Albarn and Soul Eater of the EAT Class interevene and battled each other. Shaula watched from among the crowd, remarking on how her venom has given her the ability to compete with a EAT Students and hold her own. After Eternal Feather had caused enough commotion Shaula commands her to kill herself by slitting her neck and escapes from the scene.
- Whilst Medusa and Arachne's names are derived from Greek mythology, Shaula's name instead comes from both astronomy and astrology. The name "Shaula" is the traditional Arabic name for a star system called Lambda Scorpii, which is a part of the constellation of Scorpius. It roughly translates to "the raised [tail], as it is found in the tail of the scorpion (Scorpius)". Given the fact that Shaula's emblem is that of the symbol of the star sign, Scorpio (♏), and she has the theme of scorpion stingers in her appearance, her name befits these other allusions.
- ↑ (Yen Press) Soul Eater NOT! Manga: Chapter 39
- ↑ Soul Eater NOT! Chapter 6, pages 8-9
- ↑ Soul Eater NOT! Manga: Chapter 40
- ↑ The Beginning of the Nightmare!
- ↑ Soul Eater NOT! Anime: Episode 5
- ↑ Soul Resonance!
- ↑ Soul Eater NOT! Chapter 6, page 9
- ↑ Soul Eater Not! Manga Chapter 14
- ↑ Soul Eater Not! Manga Chapter 14
- ↑ Soul Eater Not! Anime: Episode 12
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 Soul Eater NOT! Anime:Episode 10
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Soul Eater NOT! Anime:Episode 12
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 Soul Eater NOT! Manga: Chapter 42
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Soul Eater NOT! Anime: Episode 7
- ↑ How To 2!
- ↑ Nice Day For a Death Bazaar!
- ↑ Scorpion (Chapter)
- ↑ Brainwashing
- ↑ Nice Day For a Death Bazaar!
- ↑ The Beginning of the Nightmare!