Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Directory: Characters → Sanjuro Nakatsukasa
English name::Sanjuro Nakatsukasa
Sanjuro Nakatsukasa (中務 三十郎 Nakatsukasa Sanjuurou in Japanese) is Tsubaki Nakatsukasa and Masamune Nakatsukasa's father and a member of the Nakatsukasa Clan, a family of famous Japanese Demon Weapons.
Sanjuro is a tall, fairly well-built middle-aged man, often seen wearing traditional Japanese clothing. He wears his long black hair in a ponytail similar to Masamune, which seems to be a trait followed by all members of the Nakatsukasa Clan. Being part of the Nakatsukasa Clan means that he is a Demon Weapon, although his Weapon form is not known.
|“||Is that you, Tsubaki?! You should have let us know if you were coming home, you've got us all in a rush.||”|
—Sanjuro, Chapter 49
Although with a rather gruff outlook, Sanjuro has a kind-hearted character and acts like a supportive father figure to the people he cares about, including people both in and out of the Nakatsukasa Clan. Despite the infamy of the Star Clan in Japan, he takes in Black☆Star and treats him like family.
He is also calm and wise, shown when he questions Black☆Star's motives for growing stronger, and asking him whether he is prepared to go walk the 'Path of the Demon.'
Due to his kind-hearted character, Sanjuro is respected and well-liked by the rest of the Nakatsukasa family.
- Sanjuro and Tsubaki have a close father-daughter relationship, and he is always there to comfort her and support her. It is revealed that Tsubaki often writes letters to her family, showing how close their father-daughter relationship is.
- Although interaction between the two is not seen, it is heavily implied that Sanjuro had the same close parent-child bond with Masamune just like with Tsubaki.
- Despite being faced with Black☆Star's slight eccentricity, Sanjuro immediately takes a liking to the young Meister and soon, the two develop an almost father-son relationship with each other. Sanjuro is impressed with Black☆Star's combat abilities and shows concern of him walking the 'Path of the Demon.'
Part in the Story
In Between Decision and Operation: Capture Baba Yaga's Castle
Tsubaki and Black☆Star, in order to try and achieve using the Uncanny Sword, go to the home of the Nakatsukasa Clan in Japan. Sanjuro is immediately there to greet Tsubaki. Being the first time she had come back to her parents' house after her fight against Masamune, Sanjuro comforts Tsubaki, before going on to meet Black☆Star. Despite the boy's eccentricity (which embarrasses Tsubaki), Sanjuro quickly takes to him and welcomes him into the family.
Black☆Star is soon back to training, and Sanjuro watches him train, and is impressed by his fighting technique. He asks Black☆Star why he fights, and he replies that he does it to stand out, and that he will beat down anyone stronger than him. Sanjuro asks him whether he will do so, even if that will lead him onto the 'Path of the Demon.' Black☆Star angrily replies that he will continue growing stronger, even if it means walking the 'Path of the Demon.'
- Like Mifune's name, Sanjuro's name is an allusion to actor Toshiro Mifune, known for playing the titular character in Akira Kurosawa's samurai film Sanjuro, a sequel to the popular film Yojimbo, about a crafty but irreverent ronin.
- ↑ Soul Eater Volume 13: Yen Press English translation, page 191