Directory: Characters → Patricia Thompson
Patricia "Patti" Thompson
|Voiced by (English)||
|Classification||Human , Weapon|
Patricia "Patti" Thompson (パティー（パトリシア）・トンプソン, Patī (Patorishia) Tonpuson) also spelled "Patty" in some translations is one half of Death the Kid's Demon Twin Guns. She is the younger sister of Elizabeth "Liz" Thompson and more naïve of the two. She is two star weapon and an elite member of the group Spartoi.
|“||Get your ass moving now, damn you.||”|
—Patricia Thompson, Episode 21
On the few occasions when she loses her temper, her childlike personality is replaced by a somewhat psychotic-seeming anger, as if her personality reverted back into her past street life in Brooklyn. There have been times though, that Patti's childishly naïve personality disappears to make room for a more serious personality, suggesting that her bubble-like personality may be a front, or merely how she wants to act. These changes are more evident in the manga, recent example of which was seen after Kid got 'collected' by Noah. Patti uncharacteristically called her sister a coward when she refused to fight Noah, and showed a surprising maturity by comforting her sister afterward. Whether these qualities count as her own form of madness has yet to be clarified.
When having her gender switched inside the Book of Eibon, his personality leans his more crazed side, with a higher amount of aggression as he threatens to "beat (Index) up" with a sadistic look on his face.
Patti is 'physically' older than Kid, Black☆Star, Soul and Maka. She has chin-length, bright yellow (blonde) hair with bangs, light blue eyes and she has bigger breasts than her sister even though her sister is older and taller (a difference in body structure that causes no end of frustration to their meister, Kid, as it makes them asymmetrical in human form). Both of the Thompson sisters wear cowgirl outfits: A tight, red, sleeveless, turtleneck belly shirt with a white tie, cowboy hat and black, high-heel boots. However, unlike Liz, Patti wears puffy shorts. There is also a subtle difference in her hat. Liz's hat has rims that slant forwards, whereas Patti's hat has rims that are in a perfect curve. Later on in the anime, both sisters wear white jackets over their outfits. Like Liz, Patti's soul has a pink color and has two curved triangles representing her hat. In Spartoi uniform, Patti wears a zip-up top over a blue vest and a jacket with a high collar like Liz. She keeps her puffy shorts but replaces her cowboy hat with a hat that has floppy 'ears' on each side.
Patti transforms into a boy upon entering the Book of Eibon. She is shown to have shorter hair covered by a beanie hat. She also resembles her psychotic self a bit more, as her eyes look slightly more crazed than in her girl form. She wears a white jacket and shirt and dark pants like Liz. The only difference is that Patti has the Spartoi logo on her left shoulder and a large Shinigami skull emblazoned on her back.
Basic Meister skils: If Kid is not with them, she can use her sister's weapon form and vice versa, though it is slightly less effective than if they would be utilized by Kid.
Marksmanship: While acting as a Meister, Patti's method of hitting her target can be described as chaotic and disheveled. Her grip and form are all over the place, but still, she manages to hit her target while practicing in the Shibusen Firing Range.
Demon Weapon form - gun: in her weapon form Patti take form of pistol caliber 38. Her form is perfectly symmetrical to her sister which was reason why Kid chose the sisters as his weapon.
Physical Fitness: Because she is a weapon, Patti was never able to showcase her athletic capabilities. During sparring matches, Patti was shown to be surprisingly proficient in hand to hand combat, being able to take on five opponents in a row without any drop in form, including but not limited to Ox and Kim. Nygus stated that it seems shame to keep her as mere weapon, and Ox & Harvar compared her to Maka in pure athletic ability. Harvar even goes as far as to speculate that Patti is stronger.
- Death Eagle .42: by performing soul resonance Kid her form changes and visually match the real life Israeli made Desert Eagle. This form significantly upgrades the caliber from .38 to .42 making shots far more powerful than his normal.
- Execution Mode: it's combat mode that causes Patti's pistol form change into large cannon and black rods that appear on the back of Kid's arm.
- Death Cannon: The move charges Kid's wavelength and after a countdown fires a huge ball of energy at his opponent from Patti and her sister cannon form which explodes when it reaches the target and leaves nothing but a plume of skull shaped smoke. The extent of the blast is so powerful that the resulting recoil, is enough to blow Kid several inches back.
- Parent's Seven Rays: it's Kid and sisters most powerful Soul resonance technique. Consisting three stages that ends with shot of powerful seven laser-like rays that shoot upwards into the air, before dipping down and shooting towards the enemy. The beams are powerful enough to cut through even the most powerful of foes. They can also converge into one giant skull-shaped ray that results in a huge destructive explosion.
- Sanzu River Shot: is simple quick stream of bullet form Patti weapon form.
- Sanzu Fall Shot: it's rapid-fire shooting technique with appearance of the combined shots reminiscent of a cascading waterfall. The stream that is fired down is capable of striking multiple targets at once.
- Sanzu Death Cannon: anime only technique, it appears as a major upgrade to original Death Cannon.
- E3 a.k.a. Extreme Element Effect: is an incredibly powerful long-range technique, that results in a hugely destructive and widespread blast, formed from the combined generation of enormous amounts of both fire and lightning.
- Patti along with her sister Liz are the Demon Twin Guns, wielded by Death the Kid. She was chosen along with her sister because of her weapon form matching with Liz, allowing Kid to preserve his symmetry. Kid's biggest problem with her is that her human form doesn't match her sister's, she being more endowed, shorter, and having shorter hair. Despite this, they are all rather close, as Maka stated that it is difficult for three souls to resonate properly, but it is achieved by the strength of their relationship. She and Liz admire Kid for his dignified soul, them being from the streets, while Kid admires their positive souls because of his negative soul. She laughs when he is thrown into one of his fits of symmetry depression, but cheers him up along with Liz. She and her sister are grateful to Kid for taking them in, allowing for them to redeem themselves.
- Patti's only known family is her older sister, Liz, whom with her, they are the Demon Twin Guns. From the little information known about their lives prior to DWMA, they grew up on the streets of Brooklyn, presumably as orphans. They were street thugs who used their Weapon Forms to steal and live. It appeared they reached an end when cornered by some gang members, but were then rescued by Kid. Because they are the only family to each other, they have an extremely close bond, with Patti looking up to Liz and Liz taking care of Patti. However, when Kid gets captured by Eibon (Noah), Liz attempts to force him to give Kid back, only for it to fail and Liz does not pursue Eibon. This causes Patti to Call Liz a coward, a rare, uncharacteristic action. Liz replies that she does not want to lose Kid, but she can't have Patti die on her as well, with Patti comforting her sister afterward, showing their powerful bond.
- Liz refers to their mother as "the most beautiful whore in Brooklyn." She has stated that she hates her mother for abandoning her and Patti, but is grateful that she gave birth to two beautiful girls.
- Patti and Black☆Star share quite similar personalities and are usually shown to have a very goofy friendship. Little other than the occasional, mutually idiotic, and comedic actions the two take together is shown between the two. In the "Lust" chapter of The Book of Eibon, Patty is turned into a boy, with the characteristics of what entices her the most in the opposite sex. One could argue that she looks slightly similar to Black☆Star (in the outfit he wore in chapter 28) , but personality-wise, she is strikingly similar. She resembles Black☆Star's initial personality prior to following The Path Of The Warrior, claiming to have the urge to start a violent fight, smiling in a dark manner, and appearing in some shots to have the same dark, wide open, fearsome eye-look that he used to show. Black☆Star himself, also becomes similar to Patti.
- Very little other than a usually very friendly personality towards everyone is shown with Patti. It is certain that she is best friends with all of the members of the Spartoi and respects anyone else who shows the same alignment as her. However, not a lot has occurred between Patti and others in order to document anymore detailed relationships.
- Kirikou becomes a substitute partner for both Liz and Patti after Death the Kid is captured. Kirikou gets along pretty well with Patti, and exchanges jokes with the her during the mission. They also work well together in combat as well. Patti also calls him by the affectionate nickname, 'Kiri-chan.'
Pre-Soul Eater EventsEdit
Patti and her sister Liz used to live on the streets of Brooklyn before being found by Kid. They tried to rob him but failed, he took an interest in them since they look identical in weapon form and are thus symmetrical as a set. Both Patti and Liz admire Kid's dignified soul, due to the fact that they are from the streets.
Soul Eater Not!Edit
Soul Eater Not! has currently revealed that Liz and Patty were put on probation after becoming Kid's Weapons. After which, the two began working in Master's café. Master goes on to further explain that a particular DWMA agent (Kid) was sent out to restrain the sisters, confirming Kid's initial reason for pursuing the two (See upper section). Working at the café, the sisters still maintain their thug-like attitudes on account of only recently partnered with Kid. After showing intensely rude manners to the stars of Soul Eater Not!, Liz manages to get Anya particularly angry, after calling her, and her attire, names. Anya challenges the Thompson Sisters to a fight using Tsugumi and Liz nonchalantly accepts. The sisters then frighten Tsugumi with their modern-style Weapon form, being guns.
Part in StoryEdit
First introduced in the 3rd part of the series introduction of the main cast alongside her sister, Liz, and Death the Kid. Kid loses their target and self loathes, while the sisters provide emotional support. They help Kid tackle a rather dangerous mission in Egypt, but not before Kid doubles back to his home to check if something in his house was out of place forcing them to fight off mummies. Though her sister and herself are captured they are rescued by Kid at the cost of the destruction of the pyramid.
She later appears alongside her sister and Kid as they listen to the story about Stein. Later, she and the group enroll at DWMA only to be challenged by Soul and Black☆Star. Victory is assured, until Kid notices one of his bangs has been cut, causing him to faint from shock.
Super Written ExamEdit
During exams week she and her sister attempt to study, with not such serious effort. During exam instead of answering questions, she began making an origami giraffe out of her test papers, then "broke its friggin' neck". Amusingly she still got 2 points for doing it.
Liz, Patty and Kid go on their own mission to investigate strange happenings around shorelines, and learn that it is by a giant black ship. On that ship she and Kid gets separated from Liz. Later together, Kid fights off Crona, but he/she escapes afterwards.
Operation: Capture Baba Yaga CastleEdit
Kid and the sisters then spearhead an operation alongside her friends led by Medusa to Arachne's castle. Liz and Patty are disguised in maid's uniforms and distract Giriko allowing Maka to escape him. He quickly takes an interest in Liz and she uses her charms to distract him while her sister slipped something into his drink, leaving him unconscious for the remainder of the battle. Liz and Patty later joke with Kid about how they can take down a powerful enemy in minutes. When Kid and the Thompson sisters are facing Mosquito, Free suddenly appears behind Liz, this frightens her and she instinctively grabs onto Kid's arm. Later on, a man calling himself "Ebion" easily kills the fully transformed Mosquito who nearly killed Kid earlier. Kid and sisters hide but are soon found. "Eibon" (Noah) decides he wants to "collect" a Shinigami. Kid throws his partners in weapon form aside to save them, and he is absorbed into the Book of Eibon, forcing Liz to act. Liz changes into human form and faces Noah with Patty in her weapon form, insisting that he release Kid. Noah says that Liz's beauty isn't enough for her to be part of his collection and says that he will allow her to live, then he leaves. Liz lowers her weapon and Patty yells at her calling her a coward. However, with no hope of victory, Liz refuses to chase after Noah and risk Patty's life when Kid had just sacrificed himself in order to protect them. Liz then breaks down into tears and Patty comforts her. In Kid's absence Liz and Patty train to get stronger. Liz goes on about how strong Patty is and is very proud of her little sister.
The Witch's ResearchEdit
Liz and Patty are sent to go on a mission in Africa as Kirikou's weapons.
Upon entering the Book of Eibon, the first chapter "Lust" causes all of them to switch genders in accordance with what characteristics they find appealing in the opposite sex. She is shown to have shorter hair covered by a beanie hat. She also resembles her psychotic self a bit more, as her eyes look slightly more crazed than in her girl form. She wears a white jacket and shirt and dark pants like Liz. The only difference is that Patti has the Spartoi logo on her left shoulder and a large Shinigami skull emblazoned on her back.
Once they reach the Greed Chapter, Liz remembers how she and Patty first met Kid, and how he saved them from thugs. Instead of destroying/capturing them, like he was sent to do, he asked them to be his weapon partners and gave them a chance to redeem themselves. She and Patti had been planning on using Kid's Shinigami status to gain the money and power they craved, believing he was just a spoiled brat. However, the more time they spent with Kid, the more they grew to care for him, a fact Liz realizes after watching Patty laugh herself to tears.
It begins to rain money down on the group, and Liz thinks to herself that she doesn't care about money, all she wants is for Kid and Black☆Star to return safely. Patty and Tsubaki ask if she's ok, and she begins to cry, saying "I haven't thanked him yet." Both girls simply smile and pull her into a hug. Liz says "Kid" and begins crying more openly and is shaking. Upon Kid's return, a battle with Noah ensues, the sisters have to transform right away, but they still greet him. Liz says "Welcome back, Kid." and blushes, and Patty just smiles and says "Kid-kun."
Battle on The MoonEdit
Liz and Patty are shown writing out wills since the upcoming mission is going to be extremely dangerous if not suicidal. Kid leads the assault on the Moon with the sisters in a decisive battle to hunt down the Kishin Asura.
- Both Patti and Liz collect souls in the magazines of their gun forms.
- Patti seems to be ambidextrous; she uses her right hand to draw/write and shoots with her left hand.
- Her last name may come from the Thompson submachine gun.
- Her last name could also be a reference to the Thompson Twins pop group.
- In interviews Atsushi Ōkubo has mentioned that he feels Patti is the character most like him, mentioning Black☆Star also.
- In the official popularity poll taken by the manga's readers, Patti ranked 10th.
- Patti wears a pink thong.
- Despite her comical approach to test taking, the fact that Patti's Origami Giraffe with a broken neck still scored two points might say more about the tests at Shibusen than the students.
- It appears that Patti is not found of extremely hot whether or temperatures, as shown in Episode 30 of the Anime, and Chapter 30 of the manga. Apparently, she hates the extreme heat, which makes her immensely irritable, given how she reacts violently to the disguised Mizune ignoring the group's greeting.
- In her male form during the Lust Chapter, Patti somewhat resembles Black☆Star when he is seen wearing a beanie after his second fight with Mifune. Likewise, Black☆Star's female form can be seen as remarkably similar to Patti.
- Both Patti and her sisters' weapon forms are distinctly inspired by the Beretta 92FS, a modern-day handgun.
- ↑ Patti's real name spelled in the third ending theme video. Retrieved on 2008-10-19.