| He hasn't reached his full strength yet. But I don't have my deathscythe.
There's something missing here. This section of the article is incomplete & requires more information before it can be considered complete.
Patricia "Patty" Thompson (パティー（パトリシア）・トンプソン, Patī (Patorishia) Tonpuson) is a demon weapon able to transform into a demon gun. She and her older sister, Liz, are both Death the Kid's demon weapons. Though capable, her naïve personality can get her into trouble.
Patty and her sister, Liz, were abandoned by their mother in the streets of Brooklyn, New York. Upon being abandoned, the two underwent an extreme loss of any personal connection to anyone other than themselves, growing increasingly self-centered, and caring only for the well being of one another. In addition to growing an extreme hatred towards their mother, the two also became heavily involved in criminal activity. They became known infamously as simply, "The Thompson Sisters", and would usually commit muggings of people in alley ways, even sometimes getting in trouble with the local mob.
Patty is mostly seen speaking in a sing-song voice, as she often says '♪' after her main speech. She acts and speaks like a young child. She pronounces words like "hello" and "sorry", as a child would "hullo" and "sowwy". She seems to still be learning about simple things such as assigning animal noises to the right animal. She is very naïve and simple-minded and doesn't seem to take anything in a serious manner, often laughing when something bad happens. While taking an important written exam, instead of answering questions, she began making an origami giraffe out of her test papers, then "broke its neck". Her current personality differs from the seemingly aggressive personality she had during her time in Brooklyn, developing her current personality after she met Kid. Unlike her sister Liz, Patti enjoys the drama brought on by Kid's perfectionist attitude; though she does cheer him up when he gets down on himself about it.
On the few occasions when she loses her temper, her childlike personality is replaced by a somewhat psychotic-seeming anger, as if her personality reverted back into her past street life in Brooklyn. It can be so frightening that it managed to scare Kid into running through a minefield of asymmetrically placed Tadpole Bombs on the way to stop Asura's revival while crying. There have been times though, that Patty's childishly naïve personality disappears to make room for a more serious personality, suggesting that her bubbly personality may be a mask, or merely how she wants to act. These changes are more evident in the manga, a recent example of which was seen after Kid got 'collected' by Noah. Patti uncharacteristically called her sister a coward when she refused to fight Noah, and showed a surprising maturity by comforting her sister afterward. Whether these qualities count as her own form of madness has yet to be clarified.
When having her gender switched inside the Book of Eibon, his personality leans his more crazed side, with a higher amount of aggression as he threatens to "beat (Index) up" with a sadistic look on his face.
Patty is 'physically' older than Kid, Black☆Star, Soul and Maka. She has chin-length, bright yellow (blonde) hair with bangs, light blue eyes and she has bigger breasts than her sister even though her sister is older and taller (a difference in body structure that causes no end of frustration to their meister, Kid, as it makes them asymmetrical in human form).
In Soul Eater NOT! Patty is usually seen in her Deathbucks Café waitress uniform, consisting of a short skirt and a skull-shaped tiara. When not working at Deathbucks, she wears a sleeveless top and jeans. Like her sister at this time, Patty also wears a DWMA monitoring bracelet, with a skull logo on it resembling Death's mask, to monitor her location while on probation for previous crimes committed in New York City, Brooklyn and elsewhere.
In their initial appearances in the manga, both Thompson sisters wear cowgirl outfits: a tight, red, sleeveless, turtleneck belly shirt with a white tie, cowboy hat and black, high-heel boots. However, unlike Liz, Patty wears puffy shorts. There is also a subtle difference in her hat. Liz's hat has rims that slant forwards, whereas Patty's hat has rims that are in a perfect curve. Later on in the anime, both sisters wear white jackets over their outfits. Upon their transition into Spartoi, Patty usually retains a hat while Liz does not.
Like Liz, Patty's soul has a pink color and has two curved triangles representing her hat. In Spartoi uniform, Patty wears a zip-up top over a blue vest and a jacket with a high collar like Liz. She keeps her puffy shorts but replaces her cowboy hat with a hat that has floppy 'ears' on each side.
When transformed into a boy upon entering the Book of Eibon, Patty is shown to have shorter hair covered by a beanie hat. She also resembles her psychotic self a bit more, as her eyes look slightly more crazed than in her female form. She wears a white jacket and shirt and dark pants like Liz. The only difference is that Patty has the Spartoi logo on her left shoulder and a large Shinigami skull emblazoned on her back.
- Both Patty and Liz collect and store souls within their magazines in pistol form.
- Patt seems to be ambidextrous; she uses her right hand to draw or write and she shoots with her left hand.
- Patty and Liz's last name is a reference to the infamous Thompson submachine gun used by gangsters of the 1920s and 30s. [sourcing needed]
- In interviews, Atsushi Ōkubo has mentioned that he feels Patty is the character most like him, as well as Black☆Star.
- In the official popularity poll taken by the manga's readers, Patty ranked 10th.
- Despite her comical approach to test taking, the fact that Patti's paper giraffe with a broken neck still scored two points might say more about the tests at Shibusen than the students.
- It appears that Patti is not fond of extremely hot weather or temperatures, as shown in Episode 30 of the Anime, and Chapter 30 of the manga. Apparently, she hates the extreme heat, which makes her immensely irritable, given how she reacts violently to the disguised Mizune ignoring the group's greeting.
- In her male form in the Lust Chapter, Patti somewhat resembles Black☆Star when he is seen wearing a beanie after his second fight with Mifune. Likewise, Black☆Star's female form can be seen as remarkably similar to Patty.
- Patty and Liz's weapon form resembles the Beretta 92FS or the M9 pistols used by the United States Armed Forces.
- ↑ Chapter 3, Volume 1, Yen Press translation. "You're not a pig, Kid-kun! ♪ Pigs say 'meow'! ♪" "Garbage goes 'oink'! ♪" This exists in multiple other translations.
- ↑ This is evident from the very beginning of the series, exemplified by her debut. The exact wording is from the Yen Press translation of the manga, Volume 1, Chapter 3. "Damn...I'm so sad...I want to die..." (Kid) "Kya ha ha! ♪" (Patty)
|E.A.T Students||Black☆Star • Death the Kid • Elizabeth Thompson • Harvar D. Éclair • Hero • Kilik Rung • Maka Albarn • Ox Ford • Patricia Thompson • Fire and Thunder • Soul "Eater" Evans • Tsubaki Nakatsukasa • Kim Diehl • Jacqueline O'Lantern Dupré• Tom • CronaAnime • RagnarokAnime • Akane☆Hoshi • Clay Sizemore • Elizabeth Thompson|
|N.O.T Students||Anya Hepburn • Mai Thi Hoàng • Kana Altair • Meme Tatane • Tsugumi Harudori •Hao •Raid • Aaron • Ao Hoshino|
|Former Students||CronaManga • RagnarokManga|