The Nakatsukasa Clan (中務のクラン, Nakatsukasa no Kuran; FUNimation "Nakatsukasa Family") is an ancient, special weapon clan notable for it's ability in inheriting the weapon abilities of their ancestors.
Nakatsukasa family members inherit weapon abilities from former members of the clan through the generations of the family's existence. Weapons such as the Shuriken, Ninjatō, and smoke bomb transformations to name a few. In the Nakatsukasa Clan, the first born, known as the "apprentice," acquires the majority of their generation's weapon abilities, as has been longstanding tradition.
All of the clan's weapon powers have a distinct Japanese theme to them. For example, the Uncanny Sword is a Japanese weapon, the Katana. Among these, there are also weapons derived from popular Japanese culture like ninjas, shurikens being a prime example. Other weapons such as Tsubaki's Kusarigama come from the Muromaci era of Japan, set during the 1300s to 1400s during the era of warring states.
Tsubaki is unique in that she inherited the entirety of the family's weapon heritage, thereby having the ability to transform into all of the clan's weapon forms, which comprise of a kusarigama, a smoke bomb, a five-pointed giant ninja star, and a short ninja blade the size of a katana. Masamune, despite being the older sibling, only gained the Uncanny Sword form and thus envied Tsubaki for the abilities she had been granted.
The Nakatsukasa Clan are known for practicing various special abilities such as:
- Soul Possession (魂憑依, Tamashī Hyōi): A technique in which allows a weapon to possess another's soul and consume it. A specialty of those who inherit the Uncanny Sword, it is also a technique used by ordinary members although to a lesser degree of skill usually.
A special clan, members of the Nakatsukasa Clan inherited weapon transformations of their ancestors.
- Uncanny Sword (妖刀, Yōtō): A very formidable and powerful weapon originating from the clan that allows a meister to control their own shadows for offensive attacks. Masamune Nakatsukasa inherited this weapon transformation but was later passed onto his younger sister, Tsubaki Nakatsukasa.
List of membersEdit
|Will of Nakatsukasa||Active|
- ↑ Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 8 — Masamune: Our clan....is a ancient special weapon clan....we inherit all the abilities of our ancestors.
- ↑ Soul Eater Manga:Chapter 28
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 8
- ↑ Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 7