Cat Witch, Tomcat, Monster Kitty, Magical Cat
Mosnter Cats have both a human form and a cat form as well as feline features. They seem to behave like traditional cats, having an affinity for eating fish.
The soul of a Monster Cat has been seen to be very witch-like in appearance, possessing a purple hue in color in the anime. In the manga, however, it is indistinguishable from that of a human soul.
Monster Cats are not only able to transform into a form like that of a human but also practice Magic and also possess multiple souls, presumably nine, tying into the folklore depicting cats as having nine lives.
List of Monster Cats
- One of the earliest hints that a cat such as Blair is a monster occurs when Liz Thompson explains to Death the Kid that his fear of asymmetry is analogous to her own fear of monsters, as she imagines, among other monsters, Blair and also the Flying Dutchman.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Soul Eater Manga: Prologue #1
- ↑ Soul Eater Anime: Episode 1
- ↑ (Yen Press) Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 0.1 (Prologue #1) — Maka:"Why are you even alive when we took your soul?! Are you haunting us? You're annoying." Blair:"Don't you know how many souls a cat has?"
- ↑ Soul Eater Chapter 19: Volume 6 Yen Press English translation ebook page 7