In her fully transformed state, Marie assumes the form of a small black hammer with numerous markings along the head's length and lightning-shaped ones, which mirror the insignia on Marie's eye patch, upon either end. The handle of this hammer is wrapped in light cloth and features three black tendrils emerging from its base. In addition, Marie, also has a tonfa form in which assumes the form of a normal, black tonfa with a lightning insignia on the head. In the anime her weapon form is instead that of a large, octagonal tonfa with her thunder insignia. A gold ring encircles the hammer near its tip and extends to its handle.
The hammer's most acclaimed ability is the Izuna, a hyper-nerve induction technique that gives a massive boost to a Meister's physical capabilities by sending electric pulses through the Meister's motor system. Prolonged use of this ability, however, puts tremendous strain on the body due to the nervous system being pushed to it's full capacity. Alternatively, Marie can also transform her appearance to that of a regular tonfa. As a tonfa, she can drive a wavelength into the target and deliver massive internal injuries.
- In Norse mythology, Mjolnir (or Mjölnir) is the hammer of Thor, a major god associated with thunder. Mjolnir was a incredibly powerful weapon, capable of crushing almost anything.
- In Old Norse, Mjölnir means "That which marks and pulverizes to dust".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 61
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 94
- ↑ Soul Eater Anime: Episode 46
- ↑ (Yen Press) Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 61 - Justin Law:Demon Hammer Mjolnir — Able to use a hyper-nerve induction technique to give a massive boost to a Meister's physical capabilities by sending electric pulses through the meiser's motor system. The technique known as Izuna.