Over 800 Years Old
Pressume Deceased(Anime and Manga)
Medusa Gorgon (メデューサ・ゴーゴン, Medyūsa Gōgon) is the first and most active main antagonist in Soul Eater. She is the witch who is the mother of Crona and manipulates Crona into collecting every soul they come across. She is also the creator of Black Blood.
Medusa is an incredibly sinister and evil individual, as well as a very powerful witch. Her greatest skill is her ability to manipulate almost anyone, due to her unbelievably high skills in acting. In her true personality, Medusa has a view of the entire world as a place of stasis, where nothing evolves or changes. She hates this so much that she went to the extent of resurrecting Kishin Asura in order to make the world mold back into "motion". She also takes incredible pleasure in others' pain when she is the one causing it, and when her experiments are working. She is so sinister that she can even subject her own child, Crona, to unimaginably torturous punishments, like locking him/her in a dark room for many days without food or water whenever he/she fails to do what she commands them to do, and gives him/her terrifying orders such as to devour many human souls.
She is easily angered by those who create a road block in her experiments or in the "evolution" of the world, and usually tries to eliminate these problems.
Although she seems so dark, to say that Medusa has no love in her is a false statement. Deep within Medusa is her own, unique, sinister form of love that comes out extremely rarely. She expresses romantic love specifically towards her confirmed crush, Dr. Stein, whom she finds attractive because of his inner darkness. She also has a motherly love towards Crona, which only comes out after Crona has become a fearsome killer and spreader of Madness. Uniquely, in both cases, Medusa had openly stated that she loved the person right before the same person kills her.
In the anime, Medusa is proven to be an even more evil individual than Asura; Maka's Genie Hunter technique, a technique based on erasing all evil, is the only thing able to kill her for the reason that she is pure evil. In contrary, when Maka utilizes the Kishin Hunter(A more powerful variant), it is unable to kill Asura because he is actually the embodiment of madness, which is not completely evil.
Medusa is a woman with a fairly average physical build, and a large, black, dotted snake tattoo winding down either arm. Her facial features consist of eyes containing yellow irises with black pupils, and blonde hair arranged in a spiked style, with two long strands extending downwards framing either side of her face, that entwine each other like a caduceus' snake to rest upon her chest. While she wears many outfits over the course of the series, the most notable and common of these is a black body-length suit with hood, which extends downwards to her knees. The hood itself is adorned with an eye-like marking upon either side which, interestingly, when worn in addition to the shape of her hair, gives it the appearance of a snake's mouth, with teeth and fangs. Medusa also has a tail which is shaped like an arrow. It is notable that she is always barefoot, when not in disguise, with unique toenail and fingernail polish that is black featuring yellow arrows pointing upwards. On an interesting note, she is often introduced feet first throughout the series.
Medusa's witch animal theme is snakes. She uses the magic chant "Nake snake cobra cobubra", and is themed with arrow markings. Also when she gets serious or just wants to be scary, her face takes on the likeness of a snake.
Her soul also takes a snake-like theme, closely resembling the head of the Gorgon of Greek Legend, Medusa. However, instead of snakes it has the same vector arrows that are present within Medusa's spells and features a purple color.
After the revival of the Kishin Asura and her defeat by Stein and Spirit, she was forced to take possession of the young child's body. This gave her the same build and frame of the child, while still retaining the majority of her original form's appearance. However, the body did have some practicalities, as she found it particularly useful in deceiving many people. Medusa still attires herself with the usual hoodie but this one has two snakes like extensions that are attached at the neck. There is also an apparent white snake head motif on its front. Perhaps the most noticeable change in Medusa's appearance is the absence of the snake tattoos on her arms.
Seeing the opportunity after Arachne's defeat by Maka during the capture of Baba Yaga's Castle, Medusa leaves her previous victim and transfers herself to the empty shell of Arachne's body. This current possession shifts Medusa's appearance much closer to her original form but now bearing Arachne's black hair color arranged in Medusa's typical style. She chooses to also adopt her typical long hoodie preceding the transformation, with it now featuring an indistinct spider's web patterning surrounding the neck line.
Medusa also has a nick on her left eyebrow originally. However, the nick vanishes when she possesses Rachel and Arachne.
- High Magical Power: Medusa is an extremely skilled witch. Combined with her intellect and power, she is one of the most powerful antagonists of the series. She is able to hold her own against a powerful Death Scythe like Justin Law & also against Stein while he was wielding Spirit.The size of her soul is the largest witch soul shown throughout the series, though she isn't up to her sister's caliber after becoming one with Madness nor the likes of Mabaa. Her magical theme is a snake and utilizes vector magic. After the possession of Arachne's body, Medusa's attacks develop traits within their appearance that are taken from her sister's theme of spiders.
- Body Possession: By using her magical abilities, Medusa has the ability to survive death by concealing her soul within a snake. By entering someone's body, she can take complete control.
- Cursing Expert: Medusa has the ability to curse others with magic that can accelerate Madness. She had used this on Stein via a snake which Crona implanted into Marie without her knowledge of it.
- Snake Familiars: Medusa has thousands of snakes in her body ready to do her bidding without the need to drop her soul protection, which also allows her to avoid being discovered by others.
- Genius-Level Intellect: Medusa is very intelligent and is considered a scientific genius in her own right. She had successfully figured out DWMA's secret  from her time as a nurse and invented the Black Blood, which can turn one into a Kishin via resonating with them from the insanity. She is arguably one of the smartest characters in the series.
- Deception Expert: Medusa is very skilled in manipulating and deceiving others. She is capable of bending almost anyone to her will through methods varying from false kindness to blackmail and even torture. The best proof of her actor and manipulation skills is the fact that he managed to live unnoticed in DWMA, just under nose of Shinigami himself.
- Intimidation: Due to her being a sinister and cunning individual, many characters who know of or met Medusa have noted of how evil she is. This is most apparent for Crona, as he/she is immensely afraid of her and other characters such as Free (an immortal) and Eureka (a Witch) doesn't dare step out of line. She often uses this to control her victims, who knows of her capabilities.
- Expert Combatant: Medusa often incorporates her Hand-To-Hand capabilities in her battles. These skills combined with her magic make her a very dangerous combatant that is able to fight on par with Stein and Justin Law after his shifting alignment to the Asura.
Snake familiars manipulation
- Light Serpent: Medusa extends one of her snakes to strike from afar.
- Snake Bomb: Places a snake from her body into someone else; it will only detonate when she gives the signal.
- Soul Protect: is an advanced form of magic developed by Witches to neutralize their soul's wavelength, effectively camouflaging it and making it appear as if it were a normal human soul.
- Vector Arrow: Attacks with a flurry of arrows directed at the opponent.
- Steam Vector (known as Vector Storm in the anime): this attack surrounds Medusa with her Vector Arrows making a spinning, tornado like shield.
- Compress: variation of attack that uses Vectors to surround and crush an opponent.
- Vector Plate: A technique that places an arrow upon the ground which launches whoever stands over it in the direction that it is pointing.
- Analysis Disassemble: Using numerous Vector Arrows, Medusa is able to pull things, such as a magical coating, apart.
- Vector Boost: A magic that doubles the power drawn in the direction of the arrow.
- Vector Conduct: A spell technique used to allow someone to see hidden arrows that Medusa has placed to guide them.
- Tail Snake: is a specific Vector Arrow that is located protruding out of Medusa's rear in the manner of a tail, as its name suggests. Can be used to stabilization or to attack.
- Vector Blade: A sword created out of compressed Vector Arrows. (Anime only.)
- Magic Calculation: is a spell used by Witches as a 'place maker' for placing the exact coordinates of an even more complex magical spell.
Madness research techniques
- Madness Fusion: despite being attributed to this fusion, Medusa does not in fact partake in this ability, allowing the Purple-Dyed Clown to be absorbed into one of the many snakes. This process not only transmutes this single snake-like entity into a far more jagged and feral beast but in turn effects the rest of them as well, imbuing them with substantial boosts in both their attack power and speed.
Due to her status as a witch, Many humans see her as a natural enemy. To witches, she's seen as an untrustworthy individual. Many people are fooled by her appearance and manipulation skills. It's because of this she's a very dangerous enemy. She also is adept in putting fear to those who work alongside with her. Even earing respect from those like Eureka, who has shown to openly dislike Medusa.
- Medusa appears to be interested in Stein, even inviting him to join her during their battle for the revival of the Kishin. Her sister, Arachne, calls her out on her 'crush', to which she claims that it is Stein's creativity that is appealing to her. She's been bothering Stein in attempts to drive him mad. Stein does everything in his power to keep Medusa from breaking him.
- He's very easy to read for her, but she hates his typical Shibusen humor. He managed to agitate her so much as to point her vector arrows at him in Shinigami's presence.
- Like many enemies of her, she dislikes him immensely. Though not in the manner Arachne does. However, He's the only character in which she has been shown to act more civilized & respectful to(without it being a ploy). This is due to her great fear in dealing with him, knowing how much he would have her killed and his power. She has also openly expressed fearing him. And even fears his infamous Shinigami Chop.
- Maka Albarn
- Maka begins the series looking up to Medusa as a school nurse. However, after Medusa's evil intentions and plans came into play, Maka quickly became the person who hated her most. Maka's hate for Medusa continued growing stronger the more she had seen Medusa tormenting Crona. In the anime, Maka even makes it her number one goal to defeat Medusa at any cost even if it means she has to disobey orders.
- Medusa is the mother of Crona but this title holds little relevant value to how their relationship functions, as she sees her child more as research material than an actual person. She sometimes shows concern when he/she is in danger, however this might just be because, for her, Crona is valuable research subject. She used to force him/her to carry out cruel killings of helpless animals in different ways. When she was fighting Stein she claimed that if Crona fails to become the next Kishin, she was going to get rid of him/her. whether this means just abandoning him/her or out right killing him/her is not made clear.
- In final stage of her experiment involving Crona and Black Blood she breaks his/her mind by showing him/her motherly affection. Unable to accept this new feeling from her Crona falls into pure madness and murders her. Despite this Medusa is proud of him/her and silently declares her love for him/her for finally achieving his/her purpose which is completing Black Blood and becoming the tool of "evolution" of the world.
- Arachne is the older sister of Medusa. The sisters are more than happy to manipulate each other as pawns in their plans and do not seem to hold any concern or regard for each other. On the contrary, the Gorgon sisters would seem to be rather hateful of each other. Whether this began before or after Medusa's betrayal of Arachne to Shinigami is unclear.
- Shaula Gorgon
- She is third of Gorgon Sisters, alongside Medusa and Arachne. Due to her youthful appearance, she is presumed to be the youngest of the siblings. It is unknown how Medusa treats her, as they were never seen together in series.
- Snake familiars
- Medusa is shown to have a small army of familiars at her command confined in her body. In contrast to her usual nature, she is shown to be motherly to them, more so even than to her real child Crona. Since she breeds them inside her own body, they probably view her as their mother. She keeps her favorites as tattoos on her arms. They can change to suit her needs and perform many different tasks such as spies or assassins.
- After Medusa implanted her snakes into Eruka, the fellow Witch is forced to serve her despite her apparent loathing for her. Medusa seems to enjoy picking on her and likes to stand on her in frog form, claiming it feels good on her feet. As a result of Medusa's infiltration of Shibusen and generally risky research and plans, Eruka thinks of Medusa as highly dangerous and threatening to the Witches. Though, she also seems to hold a great respect for her, even saying so after she believed Medusa was killed by Spirit and Stein. In the anime, after Medusa is converted into her younger form, she actually combs Medusa's hair for her in a big-sister fashion.
- The Purple-Dyed Clown
- Befitting the Purple-Dyed Clown's placement as a creation of Medusa, it obediently follows any order given to it by her, no matter what this might actually entail. With this in mind, Medusa observes the creature as nothing more than a simple tool that will become expendable the moment that it has fulfilled it's usefulness.
- Medusa uses Soul as a Black Blood experiment. It is worth noting that she treated Soul with care when she was using him as an experiment.
- It is hinted that, at one point, Medusa was in a relationship with Noah.
At a later, unknown time, she had Crona. Medusa often manipulates Crona, forcing him/her to do things like collecting every soul they come across with the use of Ragranok, who she melted in black blood and implanted into Crona. She would often use a hypnotic spell in Crona's mind when he/she begins to falter.
Part in the Story
Demon Sword Ragnarok
In the middle of the night, a strange figure is seen hovering upon a broomstick, over the darkened Santa Maria Novella Basilica. It is then revealed that this mysterious character is the witch Medusa, speaking softly to the person located inside the church, who is called Crona. The conversation asks an unsure Crona to consume a lot of souls but results in Medusa needing to cast a spell to provoke the greatly required confidence (madness) to perform the task.
It's only during Maka and Crona's confrontation that Medusa's influence displays itself once again, telling Crona not to take it so easily as it was okay to take any soul they wanted. While these events occur Medusa demonstrates little regard or concern over any injury inflicted on Crona, however, after the entrance of both Dr. Stein and Spirit into the fight, Medusa is left with no option other than to intervene and reveal her presence. She quickly casts Vector Arrow to dispel the opponents, using this opportunity to grab the heavily injured Crona and flee into the darkness.
The Soul that Persisted
Medusa appeared alongside Crona and Ragnarok.
Medusa sends Crona on the Black Dragon, and still poses as a school nurse.
Medusa activates her plans in which she waited for Shinigami-sama and all academy students to gather in a single room. After the gathering, she and Eruka helped Free cast a spell which creates a barrier around the calculated area. The Mizune family took no part of this as they were destroying the academy's outer giant candles.
The Eve's Fight to The Death
Medusa sends Eruka and Free to resurrect Kishin with Black Blood. To ensure success she tried stop Maka, Soul, Tsubaki, Black☆Star, Kid, Liz and Patty from advancing into Shibusen depths. Failing to do so she battled Stein. Even though she had the upper hand at first, she accidentally dropped her defenses as she noticed the Asura was revived, allowing Stein to slice her in half. Unwilling to allow the pair to consume her soul, she still managed to attack Stein one last time by biting him in the shoulder, intentionally provoking him to land the final blow as she smiled and said "I love you". Using the final blow, she shattered her own soul into pieces and reformed it inside the body of one of her snakes in order to escape alive.
Later on after the revival of the Kishin Asura, Medusa is observed in the disguise of a snake covered with numerous vector patterns, among the trash located in one of Death City's many alleyways. An unfortunately curious dog intrudes upon her present condition, and she takes the opportunity to slither into its mouth, possessing it's body. Soon after, a young girl by the name of Rachel Boyd, stumbles upon it. The attraction of a friendly dog seems to be too much for the girl and she quickly gives chase as the dog retreats into the alley, failing to heed her mother's words to not stroke it. As she finally reaches the dogs position, the aforementioned snake suddenly emerges from its mouth and forces its way into hers. All appears to be fine when her mother gets there but some strange behaviors soon cause some concern within her mother, especially when Rachel crushes a large spider and begins muttering about someone called Arachne. It is here that Medusa and her possession of Rachel is revealed, and the witch quickly takes her leave.
Soon after, a visitor, claiming to be Arachne's younger sister, is announced at Baba Yaga's Castle. It is revealed to be Medusa in Rachel's body.
After the events that transpired previously, a conversation ensues between the two siblings about the current situation and the circumstances leading up to it. The discussion details the exact occurrences of Medusa's miraculous secret escape, explaining that she actually shattered her soul into tiny bits and regrouped them inside one of her snakes, to not only escape but also to avoid her soul from being either captured by Stein or eaten by Spirit. Arachne questions her on her true motives behind the visit but very little emerges before Medusa turns to leave. This appears to provoke everyone to prepare for a confrontation, however, the meeting ends relatively calmly and Medusa is accompanied out by a masked member. It's at this point that the person is revealed to be none other than Eruka, who had previously infiltrated the organization under Medusa's orders, along with the other members of her group.
Medusa presents herself again later, in a darkened corner of Death City and in the middle of the night, to a very shocked Crona. She exchanges pleasantries by claiming she was not only worried about Crona, but also missed her child. However, the conversation quickly changes as the true motivation behind the contact emerges and Medusa requests that Crona to spy on Shibusen, using her position as a mother to play on Crona's insecurities and entice agreement.
Medusa sends Eruka and Mizune to collect brew
Medusa posing as Rachael watch the death of BJ.
Medusa ordered Crona to come back for more experiments.
Operation: Capture Baba Yaga's Castle
After getting her hands on the legendary artifact "Brew", Medusa makes a deal with Shibusen and leads a group of students in an attack against her older sister Arachne and the massive organization Arachnophobia with Maka under the impression that she is doing so in order to get back Crona (who she is lead to believe was kidnapped by Arachnophobia). Medusa leads the invasion on Baba Yaga's castle and eventually makes it to Arachne's chamber with Maka and Soul at her side. However, she is suddenly attacked by a "Puppet Hex" from her sister along with Maka and Soul. Medusa manages to escape the spell and the group proceed into the chamber, where they discover Arachne's body, the witch apparently dead. It is soon revealed that Arachne is still alive but without a body, taking the form of madness instead. She then quickly disposes of Medusa with a madness attack, leaving her incapacitated for the rest of the battle.
After Maka defeats Arachne, Medusa takes the opportunity to take over her discarded body. It is then revealed that she was merely using Shibusen to accomplish her means. She then promptly dubs Maka too dangerous to witches due to her soul perception abilities and is about to dispose of her when she is interrupted by the arrival of the Death Scythe Tezca Tlipoca and his partner Enrique. Before any real fighting can commence, Tezca gives Medusa the option to flee, mentioning that the Shibusen forces outside will raid the castle any minute. Medusa indeed takes him up on the offer, as Arachne's residual consciousness is fighting back for control of her body, but not before telling an enraged Maka that she will never hand over Crona.
Black Feathers vs. White Feathers
In the middle of the night and located within a mysterious building; Medusa is revealed just as she utters the words, "It's time Crona", which only serves to illicit numerous long screeches/screams from her child.
The Witch's Research
While Kirikou Rung and Kim Diehl furiously confront The Black Clown, Medusa attentively watches the test of her recent creation from a concealed location. She firstly evaluates the extent of its ability to induce madness, noting that it is considerably less than an authentic Clown, before explaining that if this experiment succeeds the creature will not only have the same madness as a Kishin but will also be able to correspond with it, eventually resonating with its soul and becoming one itself. With this Medusa decides upon the conduction of another experiment and orders Crona to prepare, stating that she won't let Noah surpass her.
After observing the battle for an extended period, Medusa decides that if the Man-made Clown can endure Kirikou's powerful attacks the result will be acceptable. Seemingly in reaction to this Kirikou is forced into using E3, resulting in Medusa seeming to be distraught at the creature's apparent destruction. However, when it's head is revealed to still remain, she immediately becomes overjoyed at the experiment's success.
Abyss, Uncleanliness, Darkness
Medusa then proceeds to divert her attention towards the other experiment involving Crona. The Black Clown returns to Crona and Ragnarock's side and fuses with them - granting Crona enhanced Black Blood Armor and three Demon Swords. Medusa observes from a distance as Crona battles Black☆Star. Medusa is shocked by Black☆Star's incredible strength, even being able to crack the Black Blood with his fists alone. She comments that she never expected Crona to defeat Black☆Star but that she at least thought they would last longer. She compliments Black☆Star and says that his claim to surpass God doesn't seem so ridiculous anymore.
She is then confronted by Justin Law and The Clown. She remarks that this is not their first confrontation as his interference before was the reason her research materials were captured by Spartoi. Law attacks without hesitation, forcing Medusa to go on the defensive. She immediately orders Eruka and Mizune to retrieve Crona and retreat. Justin fuses with The Clown and scolds Medusa for insulting the Kishin with her artificial clown. He promises to show her the "true fear of insanity". Medusa finds herself trapped within the fused guillotine-like body of Justin and the Clown - on the verge of execution.
Medusa who is trapped listens to Justin judging her for her crimes but just snarks back at him. "You think that you can punish me? How arrogant. You're the one who betrayed Shinigami. Tell me, what do you think that your sentence will be? What gives you the right to be the one to punish me?". "This is God's judgment," Justin replies. A voice screams "Stop it!", but Medusa's decapitated head rolls onto the floor.
Suddenly, Medusa attacks Justin with a Vector Arrow. Justin blocks the attack and asks Medusa if she had a pleasant nightmare, with a smile on his face. Medusa had used the The Purple-Dyed Clown she'd also created to guard herself from Justin's "Madness Attack". Justin is rather displeased with the little creature, saying: "How much more must you blaspheme against the Lord Kishin before you can be satisfied..." Medusa answers saying: "I'm a witch. It's our job to blaspheme against the Gods.". Justin attacks her with one of his blades and Medusa dodges by ducking. Medusa then sends 17 Vector Arrows at Justin, but there isn't even a need for him to dodge like Medusa did with his blade. Medusa then fuses the The Purple-Dyed Clown with one of her snake familiars via Madness Fusion which in turn changes its shape. Her other four snakes do the same. They gain three arrows on their heads, and their shapes become more spiky.
Medusa sends them to attack Justin. He dodges one but is hit shortly after by another. The snake familiar bites him and smashes him against the ceiling, only to have another one bite him and hit him against the wall. Medusa calls him a brat, thinking the fight is over. But Justin had in fact caught one of the snakes in his guillotine form. Blood drips from beneath his mask. Justin then traps the rest of them and beheads all the snake familiars, saying: "Your head is next!" to Medusa. Medusa then sees another Medusa and Justin sees another Justin where the (fake) Medusa stands. Justin identifies the strange doppelganger as Tezca Tlipoca. Justin sees flashes of his past and Medusa sees a flashback of Crona and says "Damn...". She listens to the conversation that unfolds between Justin and Tezca and leaves, annoyed.
Crona fights while Medusa watches.
A Simple Story About Killing People
Crona returns home from his attack in Ukraine and is immediately welcomed in an unusually warm manner by Medusa. She takes his/her coat and directs Crona to their dining room. She states that she had made Crona's favorite food, pasta, and worked effectively to cook it as well as possible for him/her.
The two then begin to eat at the table together and Medusa begins to speak to Crona in an unexpectedly motherly manner. Informing him/her that she made plenty of seconds for him/her, and that after they were done eating, Crona could shower and go to bed to rest. Crona then begins to silently have violent flashbacks of Medusa during their childhood that contradicted her personality at the table, those involving when she would take away food (and probably water) as punishment. However, he/she remains silent.
Suddenly, Medusa asks Crona for forgiveness of all the horrifying things she had done to him/her, stating that he/she has grown up and helped her immensely. She then gets up and walks over to Crona, and puts her hand on his/her shoulder. Then finally, in another act of manipulation, she embraces Crona, proclaiming that he/she is her pride.
Crona at first seems to enjoy the first ever display of affection towards him/her from his/her mother, but he/she soon begins to say that she cannot treat him/her so gently. Crona states that for as long as he/she has wanted affection from Medusa, in the very end, when he/she is given it, when she finally acts like a real mother, he/she does not know how to deal with it.
Crona removes Ragnarok, and stabs Medusa's body. Crona then tells her that he/she threw everything he/she ever enjoyed or wanted for her, because she commanded him/her to. Crona even remembers Maka, and refers to her as "the only person who ever really loved" him/her. Crona comes to the conclusion that all that he/she had done for Medusa came out to be for nothing more than his/her usual inability to understand and deal with things.Crona begins to dismember Medusa, slicing her with two Demon Swords, making her fall to the ground. As Medusa looks up to Crona, Crona screams that he/she does not know who she is anymore and inflicts his/her anger on her with a massacre of slicing blows...
Medusa's vector-shaped blood is seen on the ground, and Crona is seen confirming that she is dead and that he/she killed her. Suddenly, Medusa's massacred face is seen with the most beastly, ferocious smile she has ever expressed, and she screams that the Black Blood is complete now that Crona had thrown away everyone and everything that ever meant something to him/her. As Crona is seen about to deliver the final blow, Medusa calmly says her mind-burning final words: "I love you Crona".
Medusa appears with her son Crona and his weapon Ragnarok working for her. She is also a nurse at the DWMA, but no one knows her true identity. She implants snakes in Eruka Frog's body and forces her to work for her, such as releasing Free from his imprisonment. Eventually Stein becomes suspicious of her, and Sid confirms that she is a witch, narrowly surviving Eruka's attempts to assassinate him.
Medusa, Crona, Eruka, and Free go beneath the academy to reawaken Asura. Stein fights Medusa while Maka fights Crona and purifies his soul. Eventually Stein and Medusa enter a stalemate, with Medusa paralyzed by Stein and her tail pointed at him set to kill him if he should move. But when Asura is awakened, Medusa lets her guard down. Stein chops her in half, and later stabs her with his scythe. Medusa's body is destroyed, but due to the madness waves from Asura's awakening she is able to transfer her soul into the body of a snake.
Medusa possesses a girl named Rachel and briefly talks with her sister Arachne. She makes Crona put a snake inside Marie's tea which increases Stein's madness from Asura awakening. She later allows herself to be taken prisoner by the DWMA and makes a deal with Lord Death, that they let her go and no one from the academy allowed to lay a hand on her, and in return she give them the location of Asura and Arachne, in order to set up a battle so the two will destroy each other. Death reluctantly accepts.
However, with Crona expelled from the DWMA for his betrayal and Marie quitting her job, Death sends the two after Medusa. They fight her, but she gains the upper hand, until Maka, who no longer trusts the academy, arrives. With Stein's madness taking control he is on Medusa's side now, until Marie heals him. Stein distracts Medusa, and Maka slashes Medusa with the evil-destroying Genie Hunter, which does no damage to Rachel but drives Medusa out and destroys her. Her final words to Maka are that the Genie Hunter might not be powerful enough to defeat Asura.
Medusa's snake is seen in the credits of the final episode; however, there is nothing to suggest that her soul is inside it this time, given that earlier she said she only survived her transfer into it after her fight with Stein because of the madness waves from Asura's awakening and would not survive it again.
- The way Medusa repeatedly jumps from one body to another possessing them would be like how a snake would shed its skin.
- As of Episode 45 in the anime; her soul is removed from Rachel Boyd's body by Maka's Majin Hunt, however, this never happened in the actual manga.
- Medusa's name is an reference to Greek mythology's, Medusa, who was one of three Gorgons, just as Medusa is one of the three Gorgon sisters in the series. She also happens to be the only one revealed so far to have the same name as one of the actual Gorgon sisters, as Arachne is named after a woman who turned into a spider by Athena in Greek Mythology. 'Medusa' is also the Italian and Russian word for 'jellyfish'. To sum up, it seems that the members of the Gorgon family, Medusa, Arachne and Crona have greek origins.
- Medusa's Vector theme appears to be based on Shotaro's "Bones of Medusa"'s ability to fire vectors/snakes like Medusa's vectors from Atsushi's earlier series B. Ichi.
- In the "Atsushi Bar" postface of volume 4, it is revealed that Medusa's braid is curling to the right when she is as a witch and curling to the left when she is as a nurse. However, the first time she appears as a witch, her braid is mistakenly curling to the left.
- In Episode 40 of the anime, it is seen that on her prison door, her name is misspelled as "Witch Medousa".