Elizabeth Thompson (エリザベス・トンプソン, Thompson Elizabeth) who goes by the nickname "Liz" (リズ, "Risu"), is a casual, "go with the flow" type of girl who happens to be two-star demon weapon with the ability to transform into a demon gun. She occasionally wields her younger sister, Patty, another demon gun and vice versa. Once part of the merciless legendary Thompson Sisters of Brooklyn, Liz and her sister are now reformed working as the twin pistols of Death the Kid, the one who caused their change of heart.
Liz and her sister, Patty, were abandoned by their mother in the streets of Brooklyn, New York. Upon being abandoned, the two underwent an extreme loss of any personal connection to anyone other than themselves, growing increasingly self-centered, and caring only for the well being of one another. In addition to growing an extreme hatred towards their Mother, the two also became heavily involved in criminal activity. They became known infamously as simply, "The Thompson Sisters", and would usually commit muggings of people in alley ways, even sometimes getting in trouble with the local Mob. Liz primarily served as somewhat of a leader of the duo, traditionally acting as Patty's Meister and personally carrying out all of the muggings. This came not only out of being the older and wiser sister, but also out of Liz's extreme compassion in taking care of Patty in a motherly fashion.
While Patti is very child-like, Liz is more like a teenage girl (worried about makeup, shopping, looks, etc). Despite mostly being the cool-headed and serious of the sisters, she is shown to be extremely afraid of paranormal things, convinced that any ghost she meets is out to eat her (where her paranoia severely irritates the ghosts that are trying to help her). She can also be a little cynical and shallow sometimes (but not always), and sometimes takes advantage of other people for her own gains, like when she pretends that Tsubaki's cooking is her own to impress a boy she likes. She can be flirtatious and can also be charming to men, mostly in order to deceive them (which is shown when she tricks Giriko alongside Patti).
Both Liz and Patti admire Kid's dignified soul due to the fact that they are from the streets. Unlike Patti, Liz finds the drama brought on by Kid's perfectionist attitude annoying. Also, Patti adores her and thinks that Liz knows everything.
It is shown, both in the main series and Soul Eater Not!, that before she and Patti became Kid's Weapons, they were much more cruel and selfish. In one of Liz's flashbacks, she and Patti were mugging an old man, saying that they wouldn't hurt him if he gave them his money. After Liz snatches his briefcase, she hits him over the head with Patti (in Weapon form).
She is the older and more mature of the two sisters. Kid's obsession with symmetry and how he will let it control his life sometimes gets on her nerves and she frequently reprimands Kid for this, although she won't hesitate to cheer him up when he is depressed. She also displays wit, courage and determination whenever her friends are in danger, and tries her best to protect them.
Liz is a girl of Caucasian descent and has dark blonde hair that reaches her mid-back, dark blue eyes, and slightly sun-kissed skin. She has a smaller breast size than her little sister, which annoys her to no end, though she is much taller and slightly older. Both of the Thompson sisters wear cowgirl outfits: tight, sleeveless red turtleneck belly shirts with white ties, cowboy hats and black high-heel boots. However, unlike Patti, Liz wears long jeans and two silver bracelets on each wrist. In addition, there is a subtle difference in their hats. Patti's hat has rounded rims, whilst Liz's hat has rims that slant forward. In the anime, as the series progress, both Thompson sisters wear cropped white jackets over their outfits. Liz's soul has a pink color and has two curved triangles representing her hat.
When studying for the Super-Written Exam (mostly as she procrastinated through all of it), she changes into a purple business outfit with a head band brushing back her hair, two heeled shoes and a pair of reading glasses. This is referred to as her "smart-girl transformation". Her glasses have not been seen again for the rest of the series, so whether she requires reading glasses or not has as of yet not been clarified. Saying this, they are referred to as 'fashion glasses' or 'glasses for looks' in the manga. However, she is shown to be intelligent enough to pass the Exam without studying as much as the others, scoring higher than Patty, Black☆Star and even Death the Kid, who admittedly, couldn't even write his name.
In her new Spartoi uniform, Liz wears a zip-up top over a blue vest and a white sports jacket over it. She no longer wears her cowboy hat, and her jeans are replaced by a blue pleated skirt.
Out of all the characters, Liz changes the most physically when entering the Book of Eibon. Her appearance is that of a heavily-built man with closely cropped hair and piercings on each ear, wearing a white jacket and dark pants. Despite her threatening appearance, she still displays her squeamishness and cowardice, much to Patti's amusement. Also, she along with Tsubaki remain in their opposite gender form the longest, revealing that they are the most lustful out of the group. However the most lustful of them is Tsubaki, as Liz turns back to normal slightly before Tsubaki.
- Liz's hair is portrayed as blonde in the manga, whereas her hair appears dark blonde or brunette in the anime.
- Both Liz and Patti collect and store souls within their magazines in pistol form.
- In the popularity poll taken by the manga's readers, Liz ranked 13th.
- Liz is highly afraid of anything paranormal.
- Liz can act as her sister's Meister in the absence of Death the Kid.
- Hints suggest that Liz is older than almost every member of the main cast, however she cannot be much older than Tsubaki. In chapter 74, when the Spartoi group is in the wrath chapter of the Book of Eibon, Liz gets mocked by Patti, Kilik and Black☆Star for being older than them. Then, Liz points out that she is only 2 or 3 years older. Taking into account that is stated that Kilik is 13 years old, Liz should be fifteen or sixteen.
- Liz scored 28 on the Super Written Exam.
- Liz and Patti's last name is a reference to the infamous Thompson submachine gun used by gangsters of the 1920s and 30s.[sourcing needed]
- Liz and Patti's weapon form resembles the Beretta 92FS or the M9 pistols used by the United States Armed Forces.
- ↑ Chapter 13, Volume 4, Yen Press translation. "I'm one of the Thompson Sisters! We were feared as the 'Demons of Brooklyn'..."
- ↑ Her concern for her appearence is shown here: "Ah-ha-ha...for some reason, I started to worry about how my eyebrows look..." "Oh no! I painted off the nail..." (Chapter 12, Volume 4, Yen Press translation)
- ↑ Stein gives Maka the task of finding out how if the soul wavelength of the sisters and Kid match eachother. "They all respect one another...no...wait...is it...admiration...?" (Maka) "Excellent! You are correct! ♪ The two demon twin guns, the Thompson Sisters...They grew up on the streets, so they admire a dignified soul like Kid-kun's"(Stein) Chapter 3, Volume 2, Yen Press translation.
- ↑ This is shown when Kid goes home to check his painting in Prologue three amongst other occasions.
|E.A.T Students||Black☆Star • Death the Kid • Elizabeth Thompson • Harvar D. Éclair • Hero • Kilik Rung • Maka Albarn • Ox Ford • Patricia Thompson • Fire and Thunder • Soul "Eater" Evans • Tsubaki Nakatsukasa • Kim Diehl • Jacqueline O'Lantern Dupré• Tom • CronaAnime • RagnarokAnime • Akane☆Hoshi • Clay Sizemore • Elizabeth Thompson|
|N.O.T Students||Anya Hepburn • Mai Thi Hoàng • Kana Altair • Meme Tatane • Tsugumi Harudori •Hao •Raid • Aaron • Ao Hoshino|
|Former Students||CronaManga • RagnarokManga|