Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Maka's mother is a renowned Scythe-Meister formerly in DWMA and is also the mother of Maka Albarn as well as the second partner of her former husband Spirit Albarn. Though mentioned various times in the series, she makes no on screen appearances at all. Despite this, however, she is held in high regard by those in DWMA.
In the anime, Maka describes her mother's personality as like that of a hippo (in the English dub, a bear), as she is strong, stout, and uncontrollable when angered. Maka also describes her to having an "air of tranquility".
Maka's mother is a Scythe-Meister who is very skilled, as she has created a Death Scythe. She has earned the admiration of her daughter and been acknowledged by another Scythe-Meister, Death. She was also highly-resistance to Madness that Spirit describes that madness "just bounces right off her". In the anime, it is also mentioned that she possesses the Anti-Demon Wavelength and was able to utilize both the Witch-Hunt Slash & Devil-Hunt Slash. However, despite her apparent skills, Spirit mentioned that her ability is not in Franken Stein's league in talent nor skill.
Time in the Academy
Maka's mother became partnered with Spirit Albarn during her time in the academy. Prior to their partnership, she was the one who noticed Franken Stein performing experiments on Spirit and eventually put a stop to him. As a result of the event She then became his partner and was the one to make him a Death Scythe, in which she created the most powerful known Death Scythe.
Marriage and Divorce
Overtime, both her and Spirit fell in love. She became pregnant with their daughter, Maka, who was born when they were about eighteen. However, due to his acension as a Death Scythe and womanizing ways, she eventually became fed up with their marriage. Years later, she divorced Spirit and also took custody of Maka. She then presumably left Death City.
- The erroneous belief that Maka's mother is named Kami comes from a mistranslated Japanese etiquette. A wife that is no longer present, either due to divorce or death, is often referred to as "motokamisan" (roughly meaning "ex-wife") in lieu of their actual name.
- ↑ Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 2
- ↑ (Funimation Sub) Soul Eater Anime: Episode 39
- ↑ Soul Eater volume 1(Yen Press): You're such a fine little scythe-meister, Maka-chan, just like your mother was.
- ↑ (Yen Press) Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 90 — Spirit: Mama [Referring to Maka's mother] is so strong, the madness just bounces right off her.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Soul Eater Anime: Episode 37
- ↑ (Yen Press) Soul Eater Chapter 2 — Spirit: "As far as talent and skill, he's way above my wife....I mean ex-wife."
- ↑ Soul Eater volume 4 (Yen Press)— Soul:Is that you and your perverted dad? He looks really young... Maka:Yeah...I was born when my dad was eighteen.
- ↑ Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 0.1 (Prologue #1)
- ↑ Soul Eater Anime: Episode 41
- ↑ Soul Eater Anime: Episode 45
- ↑ Soul Eater Anime: Episode 51