An Icon (偶像, Gūzō) is an artificial Demon Tool and Sorcerer who're created from the Book of Eibon. The Icons are personifications of the chapters within the book in which represents the seven deadly sins and are controlled by the Table of Contents.
Although each individual bears various defining characteristics that are entirely dependent on the sin that they reflect in both appearance and mentality, they also demonstrate numerous similarities at least physically, such as a noticeably dark complexion and medium-length silky black hair. All of the brethren seemingly wear two necklaces of different lengths, the longer one having a red crystal-like adornment and the shorter appearing to be similar to that of a dog tag, it is currently unknown if this is of any significance. In addition, the wavelength of their soul is similar.
By using the trait of the seven deadly sins an icon personifies, The Table of Contents uses the quality in which the Noah personifies to complete a certain task. The Table of Contents used the icon of greed's personality in being avaricious to obtain the Demon tool, Brew. And later created the icon of wrath and used his anger to make him determined enough to complete the task of collecting the Kishin.
- Book of Eibon: Two of the Noahs seen in the series were both renown sorcerers that used the capabilities of the Book of Eibon, which seems to be where most of their abilities are centered. Their abilities were also centered on summoning Demons, Familiars and/or other creatures they've collected to fight and seem to exhibit control over the monsters. In addition, due to being created from the Book of Eibon and sharing the wavelength, they also are able to utilize the Madness of Knowledge.
- Magic: In addition, both did exhibit abilities outside the book, Such as the Icon of Greed's ability to ensnare his opponents with a snap of his fingers and the Icon of Wrath able to outright fly. Icons also possess some ability to sense others, whether it's Soul Perception or something else.
List of IconsEdit
- Noah is actually a character within the Book of Genesis, who was given orders by God to build an ark of gopher-wood to survive the flood along with his family. The Icons only take after this Noah by the fact they are sent by a higher power, in this case the Table of Contents, to do their bidding.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 82
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 98
- ↑ Who was Noah? God and Science Article
|Eibon • Prisoner • Grimoire • Rerené Descartes|
|Icon||Greed • Wrath • Lust • Gluttony • Envy • Pride • Sloth|