|←GAIDEN 14||GAIDEN 16 →|
|List of Chapters |Image Gallery|
|Usher is tsundere about not winning the Kodansha Manga Award.|
At Atsushi-Ya, "a gathering spot for the losers of the world," Usher, introducing himself as Atsushi Ohkubo, expresses disappointment that he lost this year's Kodansha Manga Award. His employees, nervous, try to ameliorate him. But Usher demands that they be quiet: he claims no one actually cares about the Kodansha Manga Prize or that corporation, that the award would just get in his way, and that the award would be shameful. Yet Usher still seems rather tsundere about the topic--as he then says he wanted the million-yen prize that came with the award.
When the talking cat interrupts, Usher threatens to kill him. But the cat continues, as he and Katlabor offer a trophy they got for Usher. Usher is shocked, as he sniffs, cries, and claims he hates these employees.
- The Kodansha Manga Award is an annual award for serialized manga published in the previous year, sponsored by the publisher Kodansha. Soul Eater lost in this 2009 competition. Soul Eater would have been in the shonen category, losing to the manga Q.E.D. by Motohiro Katou and Fairy Tail by Hiro Mashima, which tied that year. Coincidently, the sponsor of this competition Kodansha publishes both Q.E.D. and Fairy Tail, while Soul Eater is published by the competing company Square Enix.
- As in GAIDEN 13, Usher demonstrate tsundere tendencies, feigning a lack of concern that he did not win the Kodansha Manga Award and behaving in a passive-aggressive manner.
- ↑ Soul Eater Manga: Volume 16, Yen Press eBook, Page 186
- ↑ "Kodansha Manga Award". Wikipedia. Accessed 3 Jan 2016. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodansha_Manga_Award
- ↑ "Q.E.D. (manga)". Wikipedia. Accessed 3 Jan 2016. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q.E.D._(manga)
- ↑ "Fairy Tail". Wikipedia. Accessed 3 Jan 2016. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy_Tail