The Word Is Bravery!
Aikotoba wa Yūki!
|←Episode 50||N/A →|
|List of Episodes |Image Gallery|
|With her friends fallen, Maka must find the strength to face the Kishin alone. The world is in jeopardy and evil is poised for certain victory - until something stirs deep inside the young Meister's heart.|
The Word Is Bravery! is the fifty-first and final episode of Soul Eater.
Ruins of Baba Yaga Castle
|“||Kishin Asura! I hope you're ready. YOUR SOUL IS MINE!!!||”|
Having retrieved Soul Eater from the Black Blood's madness, she and Soul see Asura has knocked their friends unconscious. Maka and Soul clasp hands, preparing to fight Asura and finally save the world from his Madness of Fear. For the first time, Maka uses her most powerful technique, Kishin Hunter, in an attempt to kill him--but it does not work, Asura explaining that it is a technique that can destroy evil, but his madness is not truly evil.
After her technique fails, Maka is left at Asura's mercy as he launches a blast at her. Soul leaps in front of her, shielding her from the blast, which knocks him unconscious. Asura launches second blast to kill Soul, but now Maka shields him. She is knocked down from the blast but activates the weapon blood inside herself to get back up.
She starts battling Asura using her weapon blood, most likely coming from her father. In order to avoid feeling pain, she fights him unconsciously. Scythes emerge from her body as she battles, and she finally begins to start hurting Asura. However, he eventually manages to see through her plan of fighting him unconsciously - and snaps her hip to make her conscious again.
Meanwhile, Crona, Death, Sid, Spirit, and the others watch her battle from Death's chamber, hoping that she will still find a way to win. Crona states that Kishin Hunter isn't what Maka needs to defeat Asura, and hopes that she will realize what she really needs.
Ruins of Baba Yaga Castle
As Asura taunts Maka, who is the only one still standing but barely, Black Star, Kid, and Soul manage to put encouraging words in to her while lying unconscious. After their words, Maka states that she is not worried, which puts Asura into a mess of confusion. She finally realizes what she needs to defeat him; Asura, being the embodiment of fear and madness, can be defeated simply by bravery, by proving she is not afraid even in the most horrifying circumstances. Her courage and determination despite how grim her chances of victory look drives Asura confused, and he tries one last time to kill her with all of his attacks. He fails as she avoids them all and delivers a powerful punch to his face, which to his great surprise, is strong enough to crack his face and cause him to explode.
Before Maka defeats him, Asura states another Kishin will arise one day to take his place and reign terror and insanity upon the world. Kid is also concerned about this, but Maka states that all people have bravery within them, and as long as there are people brave enough to stand up against those with evil intentions, they have nothing to worry about.
This section of the article is incomplete and requires more information before it can be considered complete.
Manga and Anime Differences
- In the manga (Chapter 112), the Kishin-Hunt Slash is what is needed to defeat Asura (along with Crona's sacrifice). However according to the Anime, Asura has become too powerful to be defeated by the Kishin Hunt. It is Maka Albarn who personally channels her courage into her fist which causes him to explode.
- According to the manga, Asura is still alive on The Moon with Crona under all the Black Blood. While the anime shows Asura's soul is seen buried in the Death Room by Death, confirming he is dead.
- Soul Evans, Death the Kid, Black☆Star, Tsubaki Nakatsukasa, Elizabeth Thompson, and Patricia Thompson takes part in helping Maka defeat Asura in the manga. While in the anime, Asura had already defeated them, thus only leaving Maka to fight and defeat him.
- Justin Law is killed by Marie and Franken Stein during the final battle on the moon in Chapter 96 because he had become evil, but since Justin doesn't turn evil in the anime he lives.
- Crona is pardoned for betraying Shibusen and is allowed back as a full time student, unlike what happened to them in the manga's ending.
- Joe Buttataki is alive at the ending of the anime, unlike his fate in the manga where he dies at the hands of Justin Law in Chapter 39.
- Death doesn't die at the end of the anime, unlike his fate in Chapter 110.
- Because Death lives in the end of the anime, Death the Kid doesn't become the next Shinigami.
- Marie doesn't get impregnated by Stein at the end of the anime, verses what happened in the final chapter of the manga.
- At the end of the manga, the Witches and Shibusen end their war and Death the Kid vows never to make anymore Death Scythes, but in the anime that never happens.
- Which means that Shibusen and the witches are still at war with each other.
- Angela Leon in the manga's ending is under the care of Shibusen after the death of Mifune, however Mifune lives at the end of the anime. Thus Mifune is one who continues to raise her under his care and keeps his promise to Tsubaki in which he joins Shibusen to become a teacher.
- Mosquito and Giriko are alive by the end of the anime, but they are killed in the manga.
- According to the anime, Maka has her own weapon form. This isn't shown in the manga.
- Medusa's snake is seen in the credits, wearing the same arrows as when Medusa placed her soul inside it to implant into a dog and then Rachel Boyd. While the presence of this snake suggests that her soul is inside it this time, it is not yet clear because Medusa had told Arachne that she only survived her transfer into the snake after her fight with Stein because of the Madness waves from Asura's awakening and would likely not survive such transference again. However, due to her deceptive nature, Medusa may have lied about the nature of her regeneration, as her body transference abilities may be limitless unless her soul is actually devoured, thus Medusa withheld the full truth to retain the element of surprise.
- At Uncle Bob's Rumbaa Coffee Shop is a poster with Excalibur's face.
|Soul Eater episodes||Episode 1 • Episode 2 • Episode 3 • Episode 4 • Episode 5 • Episode 6 • Episode 7 • Episode 8 • Episode 9 • Episode 10 • Episode 11 • Episode 12 • Episode 13 • Episode 14 • Episode 15 • Episode 16 • Episode 17 • Episode 18 • Episode 19 • Episode 20 • Episode 21 • Episode 22 • Episode 23 • Episode 24 • Episode 25 • Episode 26 • Episode 27 • Episode 28 • Episode 29 • Episode 30 • Episode 31 • Episode 32 • Episode 33 • Episode 34 • Episode 35 • Episode 36 • Episode 37 • Episode 38 • Episode 39 • Episode 40 • Episode 41 • Episode 42 • Episode 43 • Episode 44 • Episode 45 • Episode 46 • Episode 47 • Episode 48 • Episode 49 • Episode 50 • Episode 51 •|
|Soul Eater NOT! episodes||Episode 1 • Episode 2 • Episode 3 • Episode 4 • Episode 5 • Episode 6 • Episode 7 • Episode 8 • Episode 9 Episode 10 • Episode 11 Episode 12|