Humans (人間, Ningen) are perhaps the most abundant but one of the inherit weaker beings in the world of Soul Eater.
Normal and Evil Human
Normal humans appear much like their real-world counterparts, consisting of ordinary body parts such as a torso, arms, legs, etc. However, there exist humans who are evil at heart and have corrupted souls. Called "Evil Humans", some may take an eccentric appearance demonic qualities while others may stay virtually the same. Most Evil Humans, when fully transformed, no longer resemble a perfect human form and take on strange, distorted humanoid figures, like with Jack the Ripper, a long limbed grey-skinned vaguely human-like creature with metal claws, and Rasputin who takes on the form of a giant human-like form. However, there have been exceptions, as Masamune looks perfectly human, despite being an Evil Human, although during the fight with Tsubaki, his human form starts to display Evil human-like characteristics, especially in his facial features.
A human soul is distinguishable from that of other souls. It also seems that all human souls are also blue in hue, though this may not always be the case. The attributes and characteristic of the soul is dependent on the personality and soul type of an individual. An individual with a Grigori Soul would possess a soul with wings while a Strong Soul would be a soul with an abnormal size as well as being distinguished as a strong soul.
The souls of humans, despite their apparent weak power as a race, are very strong. Good human souls are the only souls that makes another more powerful when collecting, though the collector risks losing their sanity.
In the anime, the souls of Evil Humans are called Kishin Eggs.
There are several sorts of humans within the world of Soul Eater:
- Demon Weapon: The Demon Weapons, also called simply Weapons, are an entire race of human beings that can transform into traditional weapons. This is done via the Weapon Gene.
- Earth Shaman: Earth Shamans are individual who are capable of communicating with the Earth itself. This gives them some abilities ordinary humans do not have. In addition, they have a inclination towards Magic and have an "Earth Shaman Form".
- Meister: Meisters are warriors who fight and battle using the weapon forms of Demon Weapons, people who are able to transform into tradition weapons.
- Hybrid: Hybrids are individuals who are the offsprings of two different species or races. Examples such as Witch/Human and Weapon/Human exist.
List of humans in Soul Eater
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Soul Eater Manga: Prologue #1
- ↑ Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 0.3
- ↑ Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 6
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 (Yen Press)Soul Eater NOT! Manga: Chapter 1 — Pamplet from Tsugumi: These "weapons" are actually people who can take on the forms of traditional weapons. And Meisters are the warriors who fight using these weapons.
- ↑ Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 46
- ↑ Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 67