Death's Wavelength: Death possess an extremely powerful Soul Wavelength, courtesy of him being a Death God. Specifically, he has a Soul Wavelength on that of a god's level and equal to that of Asura, who's Wavelength pressure was potentially capable of imploding those who possess weaker souls. He's shown the capability of giving a portion of his Wavelength to his son, Death the Kid, via the Lines of Sanzu.When utilized by Kid as he forfeits the Wavelength within him, the Wavelength was powerful enough to kill the Horror Dragon with Kid's Parent's Seven Rays attack.
- Madness Wavelength (狂気の波長, Kyōki no hachō): As a Great Old One and True Death God, his very presence, according to the Great Old One of Power, plunging men into Madness .Because of his Madness Wavelength, he can spread his variant of Madness around the world and like Asura's Madness, can distort certain Magic types as well as Demon Tools.
- Madness of Order (規律の狂気, Kiritsu no kyōki): This madness in particular, according to Death the Kid, had the ability to eclipse all human emotion and leave only a mechanical cycle of birth and death. This is known as a Death God's "true power" and is connected to the Lines of Sanzu. According Asura's comments, the Madness of Order has the ability to counteract even his Madness of Fear at the expense of taking away humanity's emotions. Death's fate in humanity, however, makes him voluntarily not use this power.
Soul Perception (魂感知能力, Tamashii Kanchi): Being a Death God, he is at least capable of sensing souls, able to distinguish a good human soul from a evil one even from the Death Room to others all over the world. This capability exists onto to him due to being a fully realized Death God. He also understands the nature of souls themselves, such as a Witch's soul having transformative abilities when combined with other souls and inanimate objects.
World (世界, Sekai): According to both accounts of Asura and the non-canonical character, Ponera, Death is capable of creating an entire world (being the creator of the Soul Eater world) and establishing it's "rules". 
Poison Needle (毒針, Dokubari):
Magic (魔法, Mahō): Death possess some knowledge with the use of Magic, having expressed even familiarity with different kinds of magical powers such as that of Spatial Magic and Soul Protect. . Furthermore, he is also capable of using Magic to create Demon Tools, having contributed alongside Eibon to create Demon Tools as well as having his own collection of them.
Lines of Sanzu (ザ ライン オブ サンズ, Za Rain obu Sanzu): Being that of a true Death God, Death himself possess all three of the Lines of Sanzu connected, in which gives him his powers as well as the status of a True Death God. From this status, he is able to jude and tell a good soul from an evil one in which is indistinguishable otherwise. However, by doing so, he adds them to the Shinigami's List in which he maintains and for some unknown reason, those under the list have a quality change in their soul and can be tracked by a user of Soul Perception. .
- Shinigami Powers (死神の力, Shinigami no Chikara): Due to his Lines of Sanzu, possesses incredibly powerful, latent divine powers. Many of these techniques are not only exclusive to him but also may be shared by his fragments, Death the Kid and Asura. . He can also interact with mirrors and magical-like mirror mediums like the Shinigami's Mirror, able to talk to others like that of a phone or spectate like that of a Crystal Ball. He can also reside within the Mirrors occasionally.
- Confiscation (没収, Bosshū): Death can also confiscate the Soul Collection of a Demon Weapon, in which will render them back to their state prior to collecting souls, whether they're evil or pure. However, this doesn't change their status they may have attained such as that of a Demon Sword
- Death Claw (死神クロー, Shinigami Kurō): Death calls out four shadowy claws from his body, with black skulls at the end of them. The nature of this attack is mostly unknown, though it can be assumed that the attack slashes or grabs an opponent as well as being capable of ripping the skin off of it's target.
- Shield (シールド, Shīrudo) :Death can creates a shield that resembles his mask to protect himself. He can also use the shield offensively, as he used it to try and crush Asura in his fight with him.
- Seal (封印, Fūin): Death has showcased powerful capability in sealing, having done away with the first generation Kishin, Asura, by tearing off his skin and making a sealing back out of his withering remains and bound his soul to keep Asura supressed as well as maintained the seal, making him reluctant to leaving the proximity where Asura was located. He was also capable of keeping active seals in case the Kishin would ever be resurrected, though the seal's power waned during the eight hundred years of activity so much so when Asura was revived, it was weak enough to be torn apart like paper.
- Barrier (結界, Kekka): .
- Shape-Shift (形体変化, Kei Taihen): Death is capable of being able to change his own properties of his body. These capabilities includes altering his body to appear less menacing. . At times, it seems that Death also possess some ability to alter the size of his body, reaching the height of the long Death Room Mirror (in which varies in size). It's unknown, however, exactly how large he can make himself, though has been seen to be far larger then Spirit Albarn, Marie Mjolnir, and Franken Stein.
- Collect (回収, Kaishū): As a Death God, Death is capable of collecting souls and storing it into his body.
- Katsu (喝, Katsu): A powerful yell in which allows Death to channel powerful energy around him, powerful enough to destroy Asura's Skin Wrappings.
Utility Meister (万能職人, Ban'nō Shokunin):Being a Death God, Death and having a vast understanding of souls, Death himself is a powerful Meister and able to commune with various types of Demon Weapons in the series and resonate with them enough to use them and is spiritually flexible as a result. It seems that those with the title of Death Scythe are implied to also be wielded in addition, with Death skilled in wielding a multitude of weapons.
- Scythe-Meister (鎌職人, Kama Shokunin): Death is known for sporting a scythe as his main weapon and being one of the most, if not, most powerful scythe meister in the series. With the use of his Death Scythe, he was able to fair much better against Asura and even gain the upperhand. He's also one of the two people in the series able to utilize the Kishin-Hunt in the series; such a technique can kill a Kishin.
- Gun-Type Meister (銃型職人, Jū-gata Shokunin): Despite being a Scythe Meister, It's shown in the anime that Death has been seen able to use other different types of Weapons such as a Gunbow.Like his son, Death is an excellent marksman, sniping the Madness Cannon from a distance before it fired. The bullet size of his wavelength is also extremely powerful, as it destroyed the madness cannon, in which pales to comparison of Sid Barrett's shot, which could only destroy Mosquito's torso.
- Lamp Meister (ランプ職人, Ranpu Shokunin)
- Shadow Weapon Meister (暗器職人, Anki Shokunin)
- Hammer Meister
- Mirror Meister
- Cannon Meister
Master Hand-To-Hand Combatant: Per being a Death God nad possessing extreme power, Death is one of the more, if not, most powerful combatants in the world. Often using his elastic ability and great strength, Death's attacks are among one of the the most devastating in the series, able to create craters from utilizing a simple karate chop. Only the likes of Asura has been seen able to compete. Sid has stated that with his power, a serious fight between Death and Asura can level the city. Alone, he is able to critically injuring the powerful witch, Arachne.
Death God Physiology: Death's physiology is far more advanced than most races. As a Death God, his body repels everything, including the likes of poison and dye. He's also able to stretch out his body parts such as his arms and hand as well as contort his body to enable himself to move faster.
- Regeneration: He also showcase the ability to regenerate his body after Asura drilled through the latter in seconds (this wasn't present in the anime, however.
- Immortality (不死, Fushi): Death himself has lived for over 800 years. It is possible this immortality is similar to Asura's own, who inherited his immortality from Death due to being the embodiment of his fears (and fear itself as a result).
Enhanced Speed: It's shown in the anime that he's able to move at fast speeds, easily able to catch up to Asura even when he hits him in the air and outpaced Asura's Vajra laser attack to Death the Kid and Azusa Yumi.
Enhanced Durability: Death has taken multiple hits hits from the likes of Vajra while in Asura's usage, with the explosions being so powerful both Death the Kid and Azusa Yumi found the level being far greater then what they're able to handle, despite the latter being a Death Scythe and the former being a Death God. and also survived the powerful explosion of Lost Island, in which was powerful enough to lay waste to the entire island and created a demonic anomaly. Death possesses has a healing factor in which allows any wounds he sustains to heal instantly.
Enhanced Strength: He also possess immense strength, enough to effortlessly chop Asura into the ground strong enough to create craters as well as his punches able to do so. He was also seen able to easily lift Asura off his feet with his strength. He also managed to gain the upper-hand in a struggle between his Death Block and Kishin Block, in which was somewhat a struggle of strength.
Robot Pilot (anime-only): While using the Death City Robot, even without having operated one before, Death was able to use the Mech effectively, defeating Arachnophobia's mech piloted by Mosquito.
High-Level Intellect: Being the Death God, he has a high amount of knowledge of Souls. He is also the one who is able to judge them before putting evil souls on a list. He normally, along with Stein, is the character who provides the explanations of anything related to the topic. He was able to thoroughly explain how the Demon Weapons were created,, displaying much intelligence in the subject. He displayed familiarity with Spatial Magic that entrapped him and his fellow allies. and was even aware of Eibon's Chapters in the Book of Eibon.
According to Franken Stein, due to the sealing of Asura via rooting his soul, Death is unable to travel beyond the realms of his own soul, which encompasses the entirety of Death City. For Death to move, it would require the movement of the entire city itself, even If Asura is released. This fact was later used by Asura to escape from his fight with him.
Death's Cloak: A long, dark, and jagged cloak worn by Death. It has transformative-like properties in which allows him to appear less menacing compared to his appearance from 800 years ago. It can also repair itself from damage (this capability is not present in the anime).
Death's Gloves: Death's special, white foam finger-like gloves that is used to cover his skull fingers and is used as a weapon and is connected to Death's being. It's capable of having writing on it such as "Stop" on Death's whim. In the anime He's capable of enlarging it's size to defend himself from Vajra's Laser as well as increase his striking strength enough to injure Asura.
- Absorb: Opening a hole in his hand, he is able to absorb a an attack such as an energy blast, nullifying it's impact completely as well as regurgitate it back (in the form of a burp) in a harmless form. (Anime Only) (Unnamed)
- Shinigami Chop (脳天直撃死神チョップ, Nōten Chokugeki Shinigami Choppu): One of Death's signature moves, he executes a powerful karate chop capable of not only injuring the Kishin Asura but even speculated to be capable of ending Blair in one hit.
Death's Mask: A special skull mask used to cover Death's real face in which is capable of conveying his emotions. He also appears to have a special connection to it, cracking for each of the Lines of Sanzu connected by Death the Kid.
- Command Center:
- Shinigami's Mirror (死神さんの鏡, Shinigami-san no Kagami): A mysterious item within the Death Room in Death Weapon Meister Academy. Presumably created by Death himself and similar to that of the Crystal Ball, this mirror can act as a communication device similar to that of a phone by "calling" it (42-42-564) via fog from a mirror. This also acts a surveillance medium for him to watch the occurrences around the world. It's also possible for those to pass through the mirror to the location it's shown, though one instance was from comic relief.
- via Shinigami Powers
- Partnered with Spirit Albarn
Death Scythe (デス・サイズ, Desu Saizu): With Spirit Albarn as his partner, Death is capable of using the most powerful Demon Weapon and Death Scythe at his disposal. It was speculated that the Kishin would have been defeated should Death had brandished him during his ressurection. In the anime, Azusa even expressed that Death is at his best when using the Death Scythe.
- Soul Wind Swing Attack: With Death Scythe on hand, Death swings his scythe to send an offensive and powerful winds capable of sending the Kishin high into the air. The nature of the wind seems to originate from his own soul (which appears blue at times). (Anime Only)
- Great Traditional Techniques of the Scythe-Meister (鎌職人伝統の大技, Kamashokunin dentō no ōwaza): Expressing great familiarity with such techniques, he can also utilize one of the technique partnered with Death Scythe in the anime
- Witch-Hunt (魔女狩り, Majogari):Capable of performing Kishin-Hunt, Death must be capable of utilizing it's preceding technique Demon-Hunt, an enhanced version of the Witch-Hunt.This tehcnique is known to be effective against Immortals, Witches, and Demons.
- Kishin-Hunt (鬼神狩り, kishingari; FUNimation "Kishin Hunter"): The final of the Great Traditional Techniques of the Scythe-Meister and a enhanced version of Demon-Hunt. This allows Death to pair up and initialize a scythe's transformation. This allows Death the power to kill beings up to that of a Kishin, even able to presumably override immortality and has been great enough to break the defenses of Asura and cut though his arm completely. (Anime Only)
- Partnered with Azusa Yumi