Lines of Sanzu (ザ ライン オブ サンズ, Za Rain obu Sanzu): Being that of a true Death God, Death himself possess all three of the Lines of Sanzu connected, in which gives him his powers as well as the status of a True Death God. From this status, he is able to judge and tell a good soul from an evil one in which is indistinguishable otherwise. However, by doing so, he adds them to the Shinigami's List in which he maintains and for some unknown reason, those under the list have a quality change in their soul and can be tracked by a user of Soul Perception. .
- Soul Perception (魂感知能力, Tamashii Kanchi): Death possess some variant of Soul Perception (even before it's official creation by Humans.) that allows him to be able to distinguish a good human soul from a evil one even from the Death Room to others all over the world. His sensitivity level allows him ot understand nature of souls themselves, such as a Witch's soul having transformative abilities when combined with other souls and inanimate objects.
- Shinigami's List (死神のリスト, Shinigami no Risuto): An unseen list in which those added to it after being judged to be evil by Death changes the "quality" of their soul to enabled those with Soul Perception to sense them and their "evil" quality in which wouldn't have otherwise been possible with ordinary Soul Perception. Although it can be assumed this functions as part of his powers as a true Death God, how it's done remains unknown. Furthermore, this ability doesn't exist in the anime due to the concept of the Kishin Egg.
- Shinigami Powers (死神の力, Shinigami no Chikara): Due to his Lines of Sanzu, Death possesses incredibly powerful, latent divine powers. Many of these techniques are not only exclusive to him but also may be shared by his fragments, Death the Kid and Asura. . He can also interact with mirrors and magical-like mirror mediums like the Shinigami's Mirror, able to talk to others like that of a phone or spectate like that of a Crystal Ball. He can also reside within the Mirrors occasionally.
- Confiscation (没収, Bosshū): Death can also confiscate the Soul Collection of a Demon Weapon, in which will render them back to their state prior to collecting souls, whether they're evil or pure. However, this doesn't change their status they may have attained such as that of a Demon Sword
- World (世界, Sekai): According to both accounts of Asura and the non-canonical character, Ponera, Death is capable of creating an entire world (being the creator of the Soul Eater world) and establishing it's "rules". 
- Death Claw (死神クロー, Shinigami Kurō): Death calls out four shadowy claws from his body, with black skulls at the end of them. The nature of this attack is mostly unknown, though it can be assumed that the attack slashes or grabs an opponent as well as being capable of ripping the skin off of it's target.
- Shield (シールド, Shīrudo) :Death can creates a shield that resembles his mask to protect himself. He can also use the shield offensively, as he used it to try and crush Asura in his fight with him.
- Seal (封印, Fūin): Death has showcased powerful capability in sealing, having done away with the first generation Kishin, Asura, by tearing off his skin and making a sealing back out of his withering remains and bound his soul to keep Asura supressed as well as maintained the seal, making him reluctant to leaving the proximity where Asura was located. He was also capable of keeping active seals in case the Kishin would ever be resurrected, though the seal's power waned during the eight hundred years of activity so much so when Asura was revived, it was weak enough to be torn apart like paper.
- Barrier (結界, Kekka): .
- Shape-Shift (形体変化, Kei Taihen): Death is capable of being able to change his own properties of his body. These capabilities includes altering his body to appear less menacing. . At times, it seems that Death also possess some ability to alter the size of his body, reaching the height of the long Death Room Mirror (in which varies in size). It's unknown, however, exactly how large he can make himself, though has been seen to be far larger then Spirit Albarn, Marie Mjolnir, and Franken Stein.
- Collect (回収, Kaishū): As a Death God, Death is capable of collecting souls and storing it into his body.
- Katsu (喝, Katsu): A powerful yell in which allows Death to channel powerful energy around him, powerful enough to destroy Asura's Skin Wrappings.
- Teleportation (瞬間移動, Shunkanidō): Death has shown the capability of teleportation from a position to inside a Pyramid within Lost Island.
- Doll (人形, Ningyō): 
- Death's Wavelength: Death possess an extremely powerful Soul Wavelength, courtesy of him being a True Shinigami and Great Old One. Specifically, he has a Soul Wavelength on that of a god's level and equal to that of Asura, who's Wavelength pressure was potentially capable of imploding those who possess weaker souls. In the Anime,when his Soul Wavelength clashed with Asura's,it caused strong winds. He's shown the capability of giving a portion of his Wavelength to his son, Death the Kid, via the Lines of Sanzu.When utilized by Kid as he forfeits the Wavelength within him, the Wavelength was powerful enough to kill the Horror Dragon with Kid's Parent's Seven Rays attack.
- Madness Wavelength (狂気の波長, Kyōki no hachō): As a Great Old One and True Death God, Death has a God Level Madness Wavelength on par with that Of Kishin Asura,with his very presence, according to the Great Old One of Power, plunging men into Madness .Because of his Madness Wavelength, he can spread his variant of Madness around the world and like Asura's Madness, can distort certain Magic types as well as Demon Tools.
- Madness of Order (規律の狂気, Kiritsu no kyōki): This madness in particular, according to Death the Kid, is so intense it has the ability to eclipse all human emotion and leave only a mechanical cycle of birth and death. This is known as a Death God's "true power" and is connected to the Lines of Sanzu. According Asura's comments, the Madness of Order has the ability to counteract even his Madness of Fear at the expense of taking away humanity's emotions. Death's fate in humanity, however, makes him voluntarily not use this power.
Utility Meister (万能職人, Ban'nō Shokunin): Death is inferred to be an highly capable and powerful Meister, able to presumably use and Has Fully Mastered almost all,if not all types of weapons that exists as almost all of the Demon Weapons within the academy aspire to be his Death Scythe and is supposedly able to easily utilize anyone attaining the ranking of Death Scythe with Outstanding Profiency and Effiency.  Altough he has only been seen sport ing Two types,Death is Also known able to use Demon and Genie Lamps,Hammers,Demon Shadow Weapons,Cannons,and Mirrors in combat. Death has been seen capable of performing a Soul Resonance instaneously.
- Scythe-Meister (鎌職人, Kama Shokunin): Death is mostly known for sporting a scythe as his main weapon and being one of the most, if not, most powerful scythe meister in the series. With the use of his Death Scythe, he was able to not only fair much better against Asura,but was even able to gain the upperhand and seemingly would have defeated him had Asura not Forced him to protect Kid,The Thompson Sisters and Azusa Yumi. He's also one of the two people in the series able to utilize the Kishin-Hunt in the series; such a technique can kill a Kishin.
- Gun-Type Meister (銃型職人, Jū-gata Shokunin): Despite being a Scythe Meister, It's shown in the anime that Death has been seen able to use other different types of Weapons such as a Gunbow.Like his son, Death is an excellent marksman, sniping the Madness Cannon from a distance before it fired. The bullet size of his wavelength is also extremely powerful, as it destroyed the madness cannon, in which pales to comparison of Sid Barrett's shot, which could only destroy Mosquito's torso.
Master Hand-To-Hand Combatant: Death is perhaps the most powerful combatant in the world. Often using his elastic ability and great strength, Death's attacks are among one of the the most devastating in the series, able to create craters from utilizing a simple karate chop. Physically alone,Despite holding back to not Devastate Death City,Death was able to have the upper hand over the likes of Asura without using his Death Scythe in their second fight. Alone, he is able to easily outclass and critically injuring the powerful witch, Arachne. He even Managed to Defeat Asura in their first altercation without Death Scythe and skinned him alive through solely his use of Physical Combat.
Death God Physiology: Death's physiology is far more advanced than most races. As a Death God, his body repels everything, including the likes of poison and dye. He's also able to stretch out his body parts such as his arms and hand as well as contort his body to enable himself to move faster. He also showcase the ability to regenerate his body after Asura drilled through the latter in seconds (this wasn't present in the anime, however).
- Immortality (不死, Fushi): Death himself has lived for over 800 years. It is possible this immortality is similar to Asura's own, who inherited his immortality from Death due to being the embodiment of his fears (and fear itself as a result).
Enhanced Speed: It's shown in the anime that he's able to move at impressively fast speeds, easily able to catch up to Asura even when he hits him in the air and outpaced Asura's Vajra laser attack to Death the Kid and Azusa Yumi.
Enhanced Durability: Death has shown sufficiently extreme levels of Durabillity that he was able to take and survive multiple hits hits from the likes of Vajra while in Asura's usage, with the explosions being so powerful both Death the Kid and Azusa Yumi found the level being far greater then what they're able to handle, despite the latter being a Death Scythe and the former being a Death God. and also survived the powerful explosion of Lost Island, in which was powerful enough to lay waste to the entire island and created a demonic anomaly. Death possesses has a healing factor in which allows any wounds he sustains to heal instantly.
Enhanced Strength: He also possess Tremondous strength, enough to effortlessly chop Asura into the ground strong enough to create craters as well as his punches able to do so. He was also seen able to easily lift Asura off his feet with his strength. He also managed to gain the upper-hand in a struggle between his Death Block and Kishin Block, in which was somewhat a struggle of strength.
Robot Pilot (anime-only): While using the Death City Robot, even without having operated one before, Death was able to use the Mech very effectively, swiftly defeating Arachnophobia's mech piloted by Mosquito.
High-Level Intellect: Being the Death God, he has a high amount of knowledge of Souls. He is also the one who is able to judge them before putting evil souls on a list. He normally, along with Stein, is the character who provides the explanations of anything related to the topic. He was able to thoroughly explain how the Demon Weapons were created,, displaying much intelligence in the subject. He displayed familiarity with Spatial Magic that entrapped him and his fellow allies. and was even aware of Eibon's Chapters in the Book of Eibon.
Flight: Death is capable of freely levitating off the ground and flying at high speeds even without his jets.
According to Franken Stein, due to the sealing of Asura via rooting his soul, Death is unable to travel beyond the realms of his own soul, which encompasses the entirety of Death City. For Death to move, it would require the movement of the entire city itself, even If Asura is released. This fact was later used by Asura to escape from his fight with him.
In addition, Death also doubted his own power to finish off Asura without Death Scythe on hand, in which case is most likely due to the latter's Immortality. Also,when Asura Suddenly fired A Powerful Blast from Vajra to Death The Kid,Thompson Sisters,and Azusa Yumi and Forced Death to protect them with his body as they would have certainly been killed,it is shown that if caught off guard and forced to take a sufficiently powerful attack,Death could be incapacitated and even ctritically injured.
Death's Cloak: A long, dark, and jagged cloak worn by Death. It has transformative-like properties in which allows him to appear less menacing compared to his appearance from 800 years ago. It can also repair itself from damage (this capability is not present in the anime).
Death's Gloves: Death's special, white foam finger-like gloves that is used to cover his skull fingers and is used as a weapon and is connected to Death's being. It's capable of having writing on it such as "Stop" on Death's whim. In the anime He's capable of enlarging it's size to defend himself from Vajra's Laser as well as increase his striking strength enough to injure Asura.
- Absorb: Opening a hole in his hand, he is able to absorb a an attack such as an energy blast, nullifying it's impact completely as well as regurgitate it back (in the form of a burp) in a harmless form. (Anime Only) (Unnamed)
- Shinigami Chop (脳天直撃死神チョップ, Nōten Chokugeki Shinigami Choppu): One of Death's signature moves, he executes a powerful karate chop capable of not only injuring the Kishin Asura but even speculated to be capable of ending Blair in one hit.
Death's Mask: A special skull mask used to cover Death's real face in which is capable of conveying his emotions. He also appears to have a special connection to it, cracking for each of the Lines of Sanzu connected by Death the Kid.
- Command Center:
- Shinigami's Mirror (死神さんの鏡, Shinigami-san no Kagami): A mysterious item within the Death Room in Death Weapon Meister Academy. Presumably created by Death himself and similar to that of the Crystal Ball, this mirror can act as a communication device similar to that of a phone by "calling" it (42-42-564) via fog from a mirror. This also acts a surveillance medium for him to watch the occurrences around the world. It's also possible for those to pass through the mirror to the location it's shown, though one instance was from comic relief.
- via Shinigami Powers
- Partnered with Spirit Albarn
Death Scythe (デス・サイズ, Desu Saizu): With Spirit Albarn as his partner, Death is capable of using the most powerful Demon Weapon and Death Scythe at his disposal. It was speculated that Had Death been able to brandish him against Asura,he would have been able to defeat and perhaps even kill The Kishin despite his possessing Immortality. He even claims that he could easily Kill Blair with a single swing of Death Scythe. In the anime, Azusa even expressed that Death is at his best when using the Death Scythe. In Fact,When they fought Again,Asura was Pressured Enough that he was forced to Leverage The Lives of The Thompson Sisters,Death The Kid,and Azusa Yumi.
- Unnamed Technique: With Death Scythe on hand, Death swings his scythe to send an offensive and powerful winds capable of sending the Kishin high into the air. The nature of the wind seems to originate from his own soul (which appears blue at times). (Anime Only)
- Great Traditional Techniques of the Scythe-Meister (鎌職人伝統の大技, Kamashokunin dentō no ōwaza): Expressing great familiarity with such techniques, he can also utilize the Most Powerful Of These technique partnered with Death Scythe in the anime and has Mastered it enough that he is capable of using it with enough power to Kill A Being as Powerful as Kishin Asura. Capable of performing the last of the three techniques, Death must be capable of utilizing it's preceding technique 
- Kishin-Hunt (鬼神狩り, kishingari; FUNimation "Kishin Hunter"): The final of the Great Traditional Techniques of the Scythe-Meister and a enhanced version of Demon-Hunt. This allows Death to pair up and initialize a scythe's transformation. His Kishin Hunt is far stronger than Maka's,as it is potent enough to allow Death the power to kill beings up to that of a Kishin, even able to presumably override immortality and has been great enough to break the defenses of Asura and destroy his arm completely,whereas Maka's Kishin Hunt could not even penerate Asura's defenses. (Anime Only)
- Partnered with Azusa Yumi