This timeline of events arranges in order the chapters of the manga Soul Eater and the manga Soul Eater NOT! with citations for dates of important events as referenced in both manga.
Before the Prologue ArcEdit
Late Fifth and Early Sixth Centuries
800 Years before Prologue
- Eibon, inspired by Excalibur, creates the blueprints for the Demon Weapons. However, both him and Death express the fact that the experiment is inhuman even for the witches and seals up it's knowledge.
- The witch Arachne Gorgon creates the first Demon Weapon, based on plans written by the Sorcerer, Eibon. The Nakatsukasa Clan is one of the first weapons that Arachne creates.
- Death leads the The Eight Warlords, expressing some concern at his fragment Asura's vicious attack on witches.
- Death pursues the injured Arachne to Loew Village, where she successfully evades him by planting her soul into the Oldest Golem and dividing her body into spiders that hide throughout the world for the next 800 years. The Oldest Golem and Arachne's soul are maintained in secret by Giriko, who for the next 800 years will use his Enchanter abilities to transplant his consciousness into his descendants.
- After Asura consumes human souls and his own weapon Vajra, Death drains the blood from his body and flays his skin to fashion into a bag to house his soul. Death then plants his soul into a spot of land in what will become the Nevada desert in the United States, to seal Asura underground but at the cost of any chance for Death to leave this land.
April 2, 800 Years Ago before Prologue
- Tethered to this one part of the Nevada desert, Death founds DWMA, building the Death Weapon Meister Academy in what becomes Death City, with the purpose of training Demon Weapons to acclimate to the world and to hunt his enemies.
The Twelfth Century
- Excalibur's legend begins.
- 25 Years ago before Salvage Arc
- Approximately 15–18 years ago before Prologue
- Akane☆Hoshi and Clay Sizemore were born around this time period, though the exacting of both are currently unknown.
- 17 Years Ago before Prologue
13 Years Ago before Prologue
- DWMA decimates the remaining members of the Star Clan.
- Maka Albarn is born to Spirit Albarn and Maka's mother. That same day, the only survivor of the Star Clan, Black☆Star, is brought to Death City by 12-year-old Sid Barrett.
- Death the Kid and Kilik Rung are born at some point.
4 Years Ago before The Trial Enrollment Arc
Spring Semester, One Year Before the Prologue Arc
- Tsugumi Harudori arrives in Death City and, along with Anya Hepburn and Meme Tatane, begins NOT classes at the Death Weapon Meister Academy (Introduction Arc, Soul Eater NOT! Chapters 1-3)
- Two weeks after Tsugumi arrives in Death City: How To! Arc (Soul Eater NOT! Chapters 6-7)
- Traitors Arc (Soul Eater NOT! Chapters 8-16)
- Remainder of Traitors Arc (Soul Eater NOT! Chapters 17-19)
- JOT Arc (Soul Eater NOT! Chapters 20-34)
Around July 31
- Tsugumi Harudori, Anya Hepburn, and Meme Tatane plant pumpkin sprouts in the backyard of the girls' dormitory.
Around October 31
- Preparations Arc (Soul Eater NOT! Chapters 35-37)
- Shaula Gorgon moves forward with her attack on Death City, revealing she possessed N.O.T. student Meme Tatane, whom she uses to kill E.A.T. meister Sid Barrett (Soul Eater NOT! Chapter 37).
- During the Death Festival, Tsugumi Harudori, Meme Tatane, and Anya Hepburn assist in the killing of the witch Shaula Gorgon (Death Fest Arc, Soul Eater NOT! Chapters 38-42).
After October 31
- Meme Tatane and Anya Hepburn leave DWMA temporarily, returning in the Spring Semester to find Tsugumi Harudori has a new meister, Ao Hoshino (Soul Eater NOT! Chapter 42).
- The Prologue Arc (Soul Eater Chapters 0.1-0.3)
- Remedial Lessons Arc (Soul Eater Chapters 1-3)
- Demon Sword Arc (Soul Eater Chapters 4-5)
- Chapter 6
- Uncanny Sword Arc (Soul Eater Chapters 7-9)
December through February
Around April 1
- Maka Albarn checks out the Book of Eibon manuscript from the Death Weapon Meister Academy library.
- During the anniversary of the eve of DWMA's founding, Medusa Gorgon, previously disguised as a nurse for the Death Weapon Meister Academy, successfully resurrects the Kishin Asura with Black Blood. Asura's escape spreads his Madness globally (A Fight to the Death at the Anniversary Celebration Arc, Soul Eater Chapters 16-23).
After April 1
- Death the Kid's party on behalf of Crona is interrupted by a mission to the Sahara Desert to retrieve the Eternal Spring. Upon the party's conclusion, the surviving Medusa Gorgon, possessing the body of Rachel Boyd, asks Crona to infiltrate DWMA. (The Reunion Express Arc, Soul Eater Chapters 30-31).
Around June 1
- Intending to borrow the Book of Eibon mansucript from the DWMA library, Death the Kid discovers that the manuscript was borrowed on April 1 by someone who went by the alias "M," the same day of the eve of the anniversary of DWMA's founding, and the same day of the Asura revival. (Soul Eater Chapter 32)
After June 1
- Chapter 33
- "BREW" - The Tempest Arc (Soul Eater Chapters 34-37)
- Internal Investigation Arc (Soul Eater Chapters 38-40)
- The Clown Arc (Soul Eater Chapters 41-42)
- Operation Capture Baba Yaga Castle Arc (Soul Eater Chapters 45-60)
- Chapter 61
- The remainder of the Grigori Arc (Soul Eater Chapters 62-65)
- The Witch's Research Arc (Soul Eater Chapters 66-67)
- Salvage Arc (Soul Eater Chapters 72-81)
- Mad Blood Arc (Soul Eater Chapters 82-88)
- Hunt Arc (Soul Eater Chapters 89-90)
- War on the Moon Arc (Soul Eater Chapters 91-97)
- War on the Moon II Arc (Soul Eater Chapters 101-103)
- Dark Side of the Moon Arc (Soul Eater Chapters 104-113)
- ↑ "King Arthur." Wikipedia. 17 Jul 2015. Accessed 22 Jul 2015. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Arthur
- ↑ Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 6. Volume 3, Yen Press English translation, Page 15. Death the Kid: "The one who draws the sword out of the ground will be praised as a hero for all eternity. I've heard that someone who carried Excalibur in the past was even made king. (I think it was King Arthur.)"
- ↑ Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 99
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 26
- ↑ Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 28
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 16
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 32. Volume 9 Yen Press English translation, eBook, Page 11. Death the Kid: "That (Maka Albarn checking out the Book of Eibon manuscript) was around April First...which puts it on the night of the DWMA Anniversary Celebration...the same day the Kishin was resurrected...!"
- ↑ Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 70
- ↑ (Yen Press)Soul Eater NOT! —Tsugumi:They look about high school age. — In Japan (because Tsugumi is from there as well as the author making the point), the average age for those in High School is 15-18 according to this.
- ↑ Soul Eater NOT! Manga: JOT! #2
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 57.
- ↑ Soul Eater Chapter 42. Volume 11 Page 91. Spirit Albarn: "That boy (Black☆Star) was taken in by the school on the very same day you were born, Maka."
- ↑ Kid's Age
- ↑ Soul Eeter' Manga: Chapter 54
- ↑ Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 26. Volume 7, Yen Press English translation, ebook, Page 133. Maka Albarn: "He [Justin Law] became Death's Weapon four years ago when he was thirteen."
- ↑ Atsushi Ōkubo confirms that Soul Eater NOT! takes place one year before the Prologues Arc. Twitter.
- ↑ Soul Eater NOT! Manga: Volume 1, Chapter 6, Yen Press English eBook, Page 180
- ↑ Soul Eater NOT! Manga: Chapter 17. Volume 3, Yen Press English translation, Page 30. Tsugumi Harudori: "Here in Death City, Nevada, the summer sun bakes your skin in a way you never feel back in Japan."
- ↑ Soul Eater NOT! Manga: "Blade. Volume 3, Yen Press English translation, Page 73. Tsugumi Harudori: "Today is a summer school session."
- ↑ Soul Eater NOT! Manga: "Preparations!" (Part 1). Yen Press English translation, Page 149.
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 38. Volume 10 Yen Press English translation, Pages 107-108. Joe Buttataki: "He doesn't seem to be here today, but Justin Law is also assigned to the same mission [to search for the Kishin]. Is that right?" Azusa Yumi: "Well, I was assigned immediately following the Kishin's resurrection...but Justin...on May 22, I was informed that he would also be participating in Kishin search initiatives. The Runaway Express train that ran through the Sahara Desert in Africa was powered by a Demon Tool known as the "Eternal Spring," and we undertook an operation to retrieve the tool. I received the notification about Justin the very next day."
- ↑ Soul Eater Manga:Chapter 32. Volume 9 Scanlation, page 7. Death the Kid: "The book was borrowed approximately two months ago.. April 1st... the eve of the anniversary of DWMA's founding... the day of the attack leading to the Kishin's revival!"
- ↑ Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 62 — Enough time has passed for Maka and Soul to collect 99 evil human souls and Ox's hair grows out, indicating some time has passed. This chapter also marks an Artwork Evolution.