This section of the article is incomplete and requires more information before it can be considered complete.
This timeline of events arranges in order the chapters of the first anime adaptation of Soul Eater.
For the timeline of events in the anime Soul Eater NOT! please visit Chronology (Soul Eater NOT! Anime).
For the timeline of events in the manga Soul Eater and Soul Eater NOT! please visit Chronology (Manga).
Before the Prologue Arc
Late Fifth and Early Sixth Centuries
800 Years before Prologue
- Eibon's wife dies.
- The witch Arachne Gorgon creates the first Demon Weapon, based on plans written by the Sorcerer, Eibon. The Nakatsukasa Clan is one of the first weapons that Arachne creates.
- Arachne Gorgon convinced Eibon to collaborate with her, following the death of his wife, with a promise of opportunities to resurrect his wife.
- Death leads the The Eight Warlords, expressing some concern at his fragment Asura's vicious attack on witches.
- Death pursues the injured Arachne to Loew Village, where she successfully evades him by planting her soul into the Oldest Golem and dividing her body into spiders that hide throughout the world for the next 800 years. The Oldest Golem and Arachne's soul are maintained in secret by Giriko, who for the next 800 years will use his Enchanter abilities to transplant his consciousness into his descendants.
- After Asura consumes human souls and his own weapon Vajra, Death drains the blood from his body and flays his skin to fashion into a bag to house his soul. Death then plants his soul into a spot of land in what will become the Nevada desert in the United States, to seal Asura underground but at the cost of any chance for Death to leave this land.
- Tethered to this one part of the Nevada desert, Death founds DWMA, building the Death Weapon Meister Academy in what becomes Death City, with the purpose of training Demon Weapons to acclimate to the world and to hunt his enemies.
The Twelfth Century
- Excalibur's legend begins.
Before the Prologue
- DWMA decimates the remaining members of the Star Clan, except for one infant, Black☆Star, who is brought to Death City.
- Maka Albarn is born to Spirit Albarn and Maka's mother.
4 Years Ago before The Trial Enrollment Arc
The Anime Itself
- The Prologue Arc
- Remedial Lessons Arc
- Demon Sword Arc
- Episode 9
- Uncanny Sword Arc
- The Experiment Arc
- Black Dragon Arc
- During the anniversary of the eve of DWMA's founding, Medusa Gorgon, previously disguised as a nurse for the Death Weapon Meister Academy, successfully resurrects the Kishin Asura with Black Blood. Asura's escape spreads his Madness globally (A Fight to the Death at the Anniversary Celebration Arc).
- The Trial Enrollment Arc
- The Bodyguard Arc
- Death the Kid hosts a party on behalf of Crona. Upon the party's conclusion, the surviving Medusa Gorgon, possessing the body of Rachel Boyd, asks Crona to infiltrate DWMA (The Reunion Express Arc).
- The DWMA expands its search for Demon Tools, before they can be acquired by Arachnophobia. Death the Kid, Liz Thompson, and Patty Thompson are assigned to the Sahara Desert to retrieve the Eternal Spring from the Runaway Express. After fending off a Mizune Sister (working for Medusa Gorgon) and the Fisher King (working for Arachnophobia), Kid learns that the Eternal Spring was co-developed by Eibon and his father. Before Kid can question the Fisher King, he is assassinated by Sid Barrett and Mira Naigus. (The Reunion Express Arc)
- Curious about Eibon's relationship with his father, Kid intends to borrow the Book of Eibon manuscript from the DWMA library. Kid discovers that the manuscript was borrowed by someone who went by the alias "M," on the same day of the eve of the anniversary of DWMA's founding, and the same day of Asura's resurrection. Kid assumes "M" is an alias for Medusa Gorgon, although this suspicion is never confirmed (The Reunion Express Arc).
- "BREW" - The Tempest Arc
- Internal Investigation Arc (anime timeline)
- Arachnophobia vs DWMA Arc
After Asura's Defeat
- Crona seems to move into Maka Albarn and Soul Eater's apartment.
- Black☆Star joins Tsubaki Nakatsukasa on a visit to the Nakatsukasa Clan's residence.
- Mifune joins the Death Weapon Meister Academy as a teacher, bringing with him Angela Leon.
- With Arachnophobia defeated and Medusa Gorgon seemingly dead, Giriko and Mosquito meet together, and Free, Eruka Frog, and the Mizune Family meet together—with a snake decorated in arrows slithering behind them.