|←Chapter #11 (Not!): "Anya Strike 2"||Chapter #13 (Not!): "Labyrinth" →|
|List of Chapters |Image Gallery|
|It's an eventful day for everyone as Tsugumi with the others prepare for a test and Sid prepares for a shock as both parties experience somethings that changes their previous outlooks for better or for worse.|
Study Meeting! (勉強会!, Benkyō-kai!) is the twelfth chapter of the Soul Eater Not! manga and was compiled in July 2012 with the release of Volume 2. It was adapted as parts of Episodes 6 and 7 of the anime.
Sid Barrett is discussing the traitor incidents and finds out that the initial traitor was an average, good citizen with no martial arts background of any sorts. Sid then rushes to the prison of cell 14 to find the average man, dead and bathed, dead with the words written around him: "While you are sleeping, we stay awake and keep moving."
Meanwhile, Tsugumi Harudori, Meme Tatane, and Anya Hepburn are joined by Jacqueline O'Lantern Dupré and Kim Diehl to study for their mid-term exam. They all order something and are rudely treated as always by Liz and Patty; what's more, after a playful banter especially between Jacqueline and Kim, Tsugumi shoots her a look that suggest she knows something that Kim didn't. Kim then roughs around with Tsugumi as all of them seem content with each other.
Tsugumi narrarates more about the uneasiness factor before such an important test, while hecklers are being loud and obnoxious towards everyone in the café, which catches the attention of Kim via a tossed paper ball. Jacqueline states that they might be Shibusen with the ability of NOT students further stating that it'll prove frivolous taking them on especially with Tsugumi's group in tow.
Liz and Patty arrive at the side of the shop and the two factions exchange some words. This offensive discussion is ended by Master's stern look, They notice the place has picked up in speed as Tsugumi tells Master they would like to help, additionally Anya asks why the skirts are short to which he response it was the whim of an old Shibusen acquaintance.
The girls all get dress for nothing as the crowd dies down to nothing in no time, Anya still debates the decency of the uniforms as Tsugumi closes out with the group didn't get much studying done and to add, saying she feels bad for Master in a way, furthermore saying a different side of everyone was shown to today.
Kim comes from behind the counter and contemplates putting on one the uniforms unknown that Tsugumi is seeing everything, ending on a playful chase scene.
Manga and Anime Differences
- In this chapter, Traitor (Prototype 1) is killed by Traitor (Prototype 2), who somehow infiltrated the DWMA prison. In the anime, it is not Traitor (Prototype 2) but a prison guard, somehow possessed by Shaula Gorgon's brainwashing venom, who kills Traitor (Prototype 1) and, while escaping Sid and his students, attacks another prison guard.
- In Episode 7, upon finding the Anti-Witch Headquarters, the trio are offered guidance by Akane☆Hoshi and Clay Sizemore back to the front entrance, at which point Tsugumi realizes that they have their study session at Deathbucks Café with Kimial Diehl and Jacqueline O'Lantern Dupré. In the manga, this meeting happened after, not before, the trio found the Anti-Witch Headquarters in Chapter 13.
- In Chapter 12, Master reveals that Spirit Albarn influenced the design of the Deathbucks uniforms for girls and women. This information is not provided in Episode 7 or at any other point in the anime.
- In its initial serialized release, this chapter included scenes of Sid meeting with a DWMA Investigator about the Traitor whom Akane☆Hoshi and Clay Sizemore had captured. Sid then visits a DWMA jail cell, only to find the Traitor murdered, his blood used to leave a dire warning that, while the DWMA member sleep, the Traitors are still awake. When collected by Yen Press into Volume 2, this content was moved from Chapter 12 to Chapter 8.
- One Central Intelligence assistant tells Sid that Akane and Clay "must be tired of guarding princesses by now." Later chapters will reveal that Akane and Clay are DWMA Central Intelligence officers, posing as NOT students to be undercover bodyguards for Anya, who is actually Anastasia, Princess of House Yngling.
- On the cover page, Meme is reading "Story Section 1. Battles / Watch Out For This!" as well as The Ugly Child' and How to Raise Rockfish, all of which suggests she forgot which books she was supposed to read.