Carcan Bras (首枷の籠手, Karukan Bura; FUNimation "Neck Shackle Guard") is an immobilization, transformation-based technique used by Justin Law.
The user converts the forearm of their left arm into the headlock component of his guillotine weapon form, to grab and restrain one of his opponents limbs, in order to subsequently attack his enemy at close range. As this technique only makes use of a single appendage, the user's other limbs are free to conduct the proceeding attack, including his head as clearly demonstrated during its initial display.
- The name comes from the French "carcan" ("iron collar," "pillory") and "bras" ("arms"), as Justin can convert his arm into a literal iron collar.
- As the word "carcan" suggests by its association with the pillory, this particular technique's name alludes to the Carcan of French law, as an iron ring around the neck to tie a prisoner to a post, or as a symbol of punishment itself for public humiliation.
- ↑ Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 26
- ↑ Soul Eater Volume 7, Yen Press English translation: Page 194
- ↑ "Carcan." Wikipedia. Accessed 12 Mar. 2015.