|Arachnophobia vs DWMA Arc|
← Internal Investigation Arc
The Arachnophobia vs DWMA Arc is the final story arc of Soul Eater in the anime. It is also an arc exclusive to the anime. During this arc, Arachnophobia joins forces with Asura, while the DWMA is coerced into a deal with Medusa Gorgon as Death prepares to battle Arachnophobia and the Kishin.
This section of the article is incomplete and requires more information before it can be considered complete.
Battle against Arachnophobia
Battle against Medusa
Black Star vs Mifune
Battle in the Death Room
Final battle against Asura
Main difference from anime and manga
- In the manga, Marie is pregnant with Stein's child and they are shown to be close. In the anime, while Marie has strong feelings for Stein, she doesn't bear his child in the storyline.
- Death, in the manga, dies and his powers are inherited by Death the Kid, who becomes the next Shinigami. However, in the anime, Death is badly wounded by Asura in battle in the Death Room but he survives his wounds. Because of the fate of Death in the anime, Death the Kid doesn't become the next Shinigami. Also, Asura never fights Death a second time in the manga.
- In the ending of the manga, following the deaths of Medusa and Death the Witches and the DWMA end their war and Death the Kid vows never to make more Death Scythes. Such a ending in the anime never happens.
- Justin Law betrays the DWMA and joins Asura in the manga and is killed on the moon by Stein and Marie, but, in the anime, Justin stays loyal to the DWMA and isn't killed.
- Arachne Gorgon is killed by Maka Albarn and Soul Eater which leads to Soul eating her soul and becoming a Death Scythe in the manga, but, in the anime, Asura kills Arachne and eats her soul. Soul doesn't achieved a Death Scythe Status in the anime.
- Medusa Gorgon leaves Rachel Boyd's body and takes over Arachne's dead body in the manga, but, in the anime, she doesn't leave Rachel until she is destroyed by Maka using the Genie Hunter.
- Crona was the one who killed Medusa in the manga but, in the anime, Maka's Genie Hunter kills Medusa.
- Mifune is killed by Black☆Star in battle at Baba Yaga's Castle in the manga in the Operation: Capture Baba Yaga's Castle Arc chapter, but in the anime Black☆Star only wounds him, sparing his life and allowing him to become a teacher at the academy.
- In the manga, following Mifune's defeat Black☆Star chooses to follow the Path Of The Warrior like Mifune and strives to be a Warrior God. However in the anime's timeline, Black☆Star chooses a path of his own, which, in return, he gains the Red Uncanny Sword.
- Angela Leon is taken into the care of the DWMA following Mifune's death in the manga, but, in the anime, Mifune continues to look after her.
- Kim Diehl is revealed to be a witch in the manga and is forced to work with Arachnophobia and later is saved by Ox Ford and Harvar D. Éclair, but in the anime she is not revealed to be a witch. However, the audience's discovery of her witch status is made in the Soul Eater NOT! anime adaptation. Arisa and Risa are also revealed as witches and spies for Arachnophobia. In the anime, they aren't spies and also help the DWMA along with Blair by assisting Joe to creating the Death City Robot.
- Crona's fate differs in the manga and anime. In the manga, Crona remains an antagonists for much of the series until the end, in which they sacrifice their own freedom to trap Asura. In the anime, Crona works up the courage to fight Medusa but is nearly killed. However, they survive and they are implied to have moved back into the DWMA as a full time student.
- The last episode of the anime hints that Crona moved in with Maka and Soul.
- In the manga, White☆Star is killed by unspecified the DWMA agents. However in the anime, it was Mifune who revealed to Black☆Star that it was he who killed his father.
- Asura in the anime was hiding in a Buddhist temple in Tibet when Arachnophobia located him. In the manga, he was hiding on The Moon.
- Joe is killed in the manga by Justin after nearing the completion of his investigation, but in the anime, he completes the preperation of the Death City Robot and isn't killed.
- Mosquito is killed by Noah (Greed) in the manga but since the introduction of Noah doesn't take place, Mosquito survives the battle between Arachnophobia and the DWMA. Giriko also survives in the anime after its destruction, but is killed in the Salvage Arc by Maka and Soul Eater.
- In the manga, Asura is defeated by Maka using the Kishin-Hunt which causes him to bleed and Crona using Brew and the Book of Eibon to seal them both away on the moon in their Black Blood. However, in the anime, Asura becomes too powerful to be destroyed by the anime's variant of the same move. It is Maka's persistence and bravery that gets him to the point that he relapses back into fearful paranoia before he explodes after being punched in the face by Maka channeling her courage into her fist.
- Asura is known to be alive under the Black Blood surrounding the moon in the manga. However, Asura's soul is seen buried, confirming he is dead in the anime adaptation.
- In the anime, Maka reveals that her mom gives her postcards as she traveled around the world, but in the manga Maka doesn't specifies her fate after divorcing Spirit.
- For the destruction of Arachnophobia in the manga, Medusa's main role is to use the DWMA for her own purposes. In the anime, the DWMA's main objective is not to destroy Arachnophobia but to capture Asura. As a result, Baba Yaga's Castle is damaged beyond repair as a result of its battle with the mobilized Death City. Baba Yaga's Castle and Death City are only mobilized in the anime, Death City has the ability after acquiring BREW after Death meets Eibon to redeem himself for listening to Arachne.
- In Episode 46 Ox Ford, Kilik Rung, and Kim Diehl were disguised in the Arachnophobia robes to invade Baba Yaga Castle with their weapon partners, no other students from the DWMA. In Chapter 48, only Ox and Kilik, along with their weapons, wear this disguise, while Kim and Jacqueline were effectively kidnapped by Mosquito and brainwashed by the Moral Manipulation Machine.
- In Episode 47, Azusa Yumi synchronized her vision with Kim Diehl in this episode, whereas in Chapter 48 she synchronizes with Ox Ford.
- Little Ogre and the Black Blood within Soul are removed when they leave Asura's body when they attempted to save Crona in the manga. In the anime, Little Ogre grows and takes over Soul when they are battling Asura. However Maka is able to enter Soul's mind to rescue him and shrink Little Ogre to his original size. Afterwards, Soul accepts the Little Ogre as a part of himself, and then eats him whole. This is the ogre's last appearance as it is most likely that he "died" and the Black Blood was now in Soul's complete control.